Thursday, November 5, 2009

An Interview With Courtney Breazile

I’m here today with the wonderful Courtney Breazile. I’m fascinated by the fact she does a Blog Talk Radio show. Please help me welcome her today.

Welcome to XtraOrdinary Romance!



At what age did you realize you wanted to be a writer?

I wrote a story in eighth grade called “Santa’s Sweat Shop” It was a dark take on Santa’s toy factory, it was the first time I can remember writing something that I really enjoyed creating and that others thought was really good. After that I fiddled around here and there but didn’t really try and write until I was 18, that is when I started my first book “Pirate’s Savior” that took me a few years to finish and another couple years to get published. Since then I have loved it!

What has been your biggest influence on becoming a writer?

The books I read. I so enjoy reading that I want to create something that other people will find as enjoyable.

How did you feel when you got your first publishing contract?

EXTATIC! It was so cool and I grabbed it without really looking into the publisher offering it, not the best decision but that’s ok.

How many novellas/novels have you published to date? When did you have your first sale?

I have two novels out, my first one is “Pirate’s Savior” a POD at Publish America and the other is “Treasure of Flowers” an e-book from Devine Destinies. I have two novellas at Devine Destinies “Lover’s Stone” and “Dreamed Destiny” e-books, as well and one from Extasy Books “Reincarnated Death Wish” an e-book. I had my first sale, days after my first book became available-gotta love family.

Tell me about your latest release. Please include if it is part of a series or a stand alone book.

My most recent release is “Reincarnated Death Wish” a dark fantasy I wrote for Halloween. It is about a woman who is reincarnated every 100 years and killed on her 22nd birthday, which just happens to be Halloween, every time. She is haunted by vague memories of past lives and deaths but without enough information to know why she is killed.

What was your inspiration for this book?

Halloween was my inspiration, a horror love story.

How do you categorize yourself: pantser or plotter?

I am most definitely a pantser. Sometimes all I know when I sit down to begin a story is the opening scene, and I go from there. I take notes as I go of important things I have said or want to say and character outlines, but often this is done as I go and rarely done before I begin to write. Only once have I envisioned my ending in the beginning of my story, and that is a story I have still not finished writing.

How do you handle the editing/revision process?

Lots of wine or coffee! I edit here and there, then I edit before I send it off. Then I edit when it comes back from the editor. My least favorite part of the whole process, I like to create, I don’t like to perfect.

You’re received some fantastic reviews...how do you feel about them and why?

If I got reviewed, good or bad, I would be happy. Preferably it would be good of course, and then I would celebrate. Maybe make my hubby take me to dinner.

Did anything odd happen while you were researching this story?

I didn’t really have to do any research for this story.

Is writing a lonely career for you?

I enjoy the alone time of it, but I have to be careful to balance that with family time. I can too easily be happy shutting myself away from the world with my computer.

What is your typical writing routine? Do you count words, pages or time?

I wish I could set a routine for myself but life is too crazy for that. I try and write every day, at least a small bit, the more I write the happier I am about the day.

Who and what are you reading now?

I am reading the J.R. Ward black dagger brotherhood series right now, almost done with it and finding it enjoyable.

Who is your biggest fan?

My sister-in-law is definitely my biggest fan. She has been a huge support from the beginning and always cheers me on when I get frustrated.

Did someone every give you a great piece of advice along the way? What was it?

Yes the advice I have used time and again is: If you are stuck then it is because at some point you have veered off your intended path, you have stopped writing the story you intended to write, go back and figure out where you went wrong. This is advice I use constantly.

Where can readers find out more about you and your work?

My website http://www.courtneybreazile.com/

My blog www.courtneybreazile.com/blog

My twitter www.twitter.com/cbreazile

My facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=100000064481268&ref=name

My facebook fanpage http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Courtney-Breazile/160551880339?ref=ts

My goodreads author page http://www.goodreads.com/courtneybreazile

My amazon author page http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B002HDCKPQ

Courney’s Bio: I live and love in North Idaho. My wonderful family is complete with two beautiful daughters and my loving husband. I enjoy reading and writing as much as possible. I host a once monthly blog talk radio show for Total-e-Bound books called The e-world with Courtney Breazile on Total-e-Talk radio. I love the sunshine and the ocean, someday I will live where they are both in abundance. I am working on a paranormal series that will start in February with Blood Visions at Extasy Books. I am very excited about this series and have found it easier in some ways to write than the historicals I have written. I don't know what I will decide to write next, I just go where my muse sends me and love almost every minute of it.

Thanks Courtney for taking part in my 2 for Thursday promotion. I enjoyed having you here!

Join us next Wednesday when we give a FREE copy of Courtney's book, Reincardnated Death Wish! See you all then!

Lynn

5 comments:

  1. This book sounds wonderful. I look forward in reading it.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comment "I like to create not perfect." I can identify with that. Good luck with all your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney thats a beuatiful cover your work always sounds awesome. and i agree with Boonebrux about your I like to create not perfect

    ty Lynn for another awesome interview

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, and thanks to Lynn for letting me a part of her 2 for Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get a copy of the book.

    ReplyDelete