Thursday, August 19, 2010

Guest Author Thursday

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday. I’m here today with the multi-talented Autumn Dawn author of the steampunk eBook, Iron and Hemlock. Please help me in welcoming her to XtraOrdinary Romance!

Welcome, Autumn!





Iron and Hemlock
Ebook Price: $1.99 USD. 13220 words. Fiction by Autumn Dawn on July 27, 2010

BLURB: Life can change in the blink of an eye. It was just an ordinary day when lightning struck and sent Jordan spinning back in time. Trapped in Victorian England, practical Jordan will have to abandon her disbelief in magic. Pursued by a sexy golden griffin and a dark fae who wants her blood, she just might rediscover the thrill of falling in love.

Thanks for letting me hang out on your blog. I thought I’d discuss how Iron & Hemlock came to be on Smashwords and Amazon.com.

It all started with an RWA Pan post. Someone was excited because they’d gotten their out of print stuff set up with Smashwords. Then they quoted a guy named Joe Konrath. What was the deal? Why would anyone want to self-publish? Ever curious, I looked up Konrath and discovered he’s a guy making buckets of money publishing on Kindle.

How nice for him, I thought. As he pointed out, it’s not like that’ll work for everyone. And um, wouldn’t that make me look kind of cheesy?

After some thought, I decided that no one should have to worry about looking cheesy after 35. What’s the worst that could happen? Will the popular girls laugh at my corduroy pants? Survived that already.

Besides, I’m too curious for my own good. I decided to see what happened. I figured I might not sell any books, but it would be fun.

After putting myself through the Smashwords and Kindle formatting ordeal, I’ve decided I have a warped sense of fun. Of course, most people don’t make a cover and place their books with both publishers in one day. That might have something to do with my crossed eyes and stiff forearms. Who knew a mouse could be an instrument of torture?

So here it is. Originally a short story for the Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance with Trisha Telep, I present you with Iron & Hemlock.. Let me know what you think, readers.

Autumn’s Bio: I'm a stay at home mom with three kids, a dog and an active imagination. I spent the first 34 years of my life in Alaska, land of the midnight sun, but these days I'm located in Washington, and am enjoying a much warmer sun :) I'm married to my high school sweetheart, John, who is known to bring me flowers "just because".

My leisure time is filled with gardening, crochet, knitting, sewing, art and reading.

Hope you all enjoyed this little bit into Autumn’s world. You can find her at the following places:

Website: http://www.autumndawnbooks.com

Blog: http://authorautumndawn.blogspot.com/

See you all tomorrow for This & That Friday!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment