Monday, July 26, 2010

End of a Journey


Happy Monday everyone! I’m sure one of your questions might be...does she really mean it? Yes, Mondays are meant to be happy but this one is especially good for me.

Today is the day that I start winding down this phase of my diet. Yes, it’s been totally hard since the calorie count is low but I have seen results. Lots of results...to the tune of thirty pounds...yippee! Yes, you read that correctly. I’ve lost thirty pounds in thirty days. To find out more on the specifics, go to my other blog, http://journeyfromfat2fit.blogspot.com/, to find out how I did it. I’ll even make you a deal...if you go and read and comment on my other blog today...I’ll add your name into the hat again.

This does not mean I am done with changing the way I look or how I’m eating. All it means is that this journey is ending for this phase so I can set my new body weight in stone. Then after a few weeks, I’ll be at it again with a new mind. Carrying around less weight will do those things to you...LOL!

But still, that’s not really what I want to talk about. I want to talk about the end of the journey. Now, every journey has an end. Including the books that we write. The story has to stop and we must move on to other characters and different stories. Sometimes it is more difficult than others. There have been many times where I’ve wondered if I really want to leave a particular story. Then I realize, I must because there are stories still left to write. Lots of them if I have my way. LOL!

I know I am the same about movies. There are movies I just wish would not end. I want the story to go on. I want to be the characters in the movie, I want their character arc to be my life...well...maybe that’s going a little too far. LOL! But you get the picture.

Journey’s must end. Things much change. Sometimes the change is good, sometimes it isn’t but it always propels you forward into new terrority. And whether we want to admit it or not, it must happen for us to journey into the next part of our life.

My question for you...how do you feel about the end of a journey? Are you happy? Are you sad? Or are you like me and want to rewrite the whole dang thing sometimes? Let me know how you’re all feeling.

Until tomorrow...have a great night!

Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Lynn,
    And congrats on losing those hirty pounds. That's wonderful. It will do great things toward making any back problems you may have. I know this from personal things. I'm off to your other blog. I need to lose thirty pounds myself. It's like a catch 22 sometimes. You know you have to be active and exercise somehow, but a bad back and hip keep getting in my way. I was told 7 pregnancies added to all my back problems.That's not all I wanted to say. lol lol
    In reading I'm terrible when it comes to saying goodbye to characters. :) Especially the Highlanders lol
    Have you read Butterfly Tattoo by Deidre Knight ? Lord, I have never read a more emotionally involved book , filled with love, forgiveness, acceptance and a great story.Along with Rainwater by Sandra Brown and The Madness of Ian MacKenzie. Three books that are by the best I've read in awhile. I found myself with tears at the end of Butterfly Tattoo because of the beauty of the plot and characters. Fantastic. Okay, I told you I'm terrible when it comes to saying goodbye to characters. But make no mistake I can move on very quickly into new ones. lol
    Have a great Monday Lynn.I'm off to your other blog.
    Carol L.
    Lucky4750@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, I meant to say weight loss will do wonders for any back problems.
    Carol L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol,

    Thanks...it's always a hard thing to do when you try to lose weight...I just think I've finally found something which works for me. And that's hard. LOL!

    Thanks for the book information...I've been wanting to read some great books...and you've give me a few more to add to my list.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete