Saturday, November 29, 2014

Sexy Down the Avenue ~ @oddlynn3 #MySexySaturday #Saturday7 #LynnCrain

Welcome to week 70th week of My Sexy Saturday. The week’s theme is Sexy Down the Avenue and it’s a nod to the historical authors of the group. There are quite a few of them there but to be honest, I’ve only written a few. Not that I don’t like historicals, I do, but I am drawn to certain ones. Yeah, you got it…the ones about Scotland. And I do have more than one book set in that wonderful place. But first, a little about my week.

Needless to say, Thanksgiving was a little bit of a let down this year. And the reason was is that pup Harry and I spent it by ourselves. Not that we don’t like each other we do. But being alone reminded us of what we were missing at our US home and that made us a little sad on the day itself. However, to make up for it, I treated myself with a nothing day. Meaning I didn’t plan anything but could do whatever I wanted. And I wanted to catch up of shows and movies. And it was rather fun. Lots of new ideas brewing in my head.

 Please have a little more patience on my big reveals and surprises. I didn’t realize just how hard it was going to be to set everything up. But I still think you all will be happy with the outcome. Still, I apologize for dragging you on and not delivering. It willb e this week, I promise.

Again, Austria doesn’t know what season it is, at least not this week. We had lots of very cold days and yesterday, a fog rolled in that made me think of the streets of London. Yeah, it was that interesting and cool. We’ve had this happen a few time but I can’t remember it in winter. One weird thing is that this mist is falling out of the sky but it’s not rain. It’s more like it’s been hanging suspended and gravity finally realized it was there. Pup Harry and I were damp when we got home but not wet. It does accumulate like and there was lots of water dripping from the buildings and overhangs. Now if it just gets a little colder, this will all be snow. And according to the weatherman, Monday night at 11 pm, we’ll get an hour of the stuff. I’ll believe it when I see it.  

This week, I’m sharing sexy seven paragraphs from my book The Haunting of Maggie Grey. It is my only historical novel to date and I’m proud to say, it’s an award winning book. I was very surprised when it won that award. So much so, I asked them to make sure the scores were correct as it was a contest I’d entered often but had only been a finalist once. This story has been highlighted here before and I never get tired of it. It’s all about a woman doctor in 1880s Scotland. It has many historical facts and was well researched. When I visited various places on the Isle of Skye, I was plotting this story in my head. And what’s even more wonderful…it’s on sale for just $0.99! Here’s the setup:

Maggie Grey had wanted to be a doctor all her life. She achieved her dream along with her husband, Justin. Together they planned to build a clinic on his ancestral home on the Isle of Skye in Scotland. But women doctors in the year 1882 didn’t have many options and even fewer if they were widowed like she had been recently. Arriving in England to visit Elizabeth Blackwell, founder of the London Medical School for Woman, she is discouraged to find that the only real health care on the remote Isle of Skye will be herself, a few aging doctors as well as veterinary doctors.

She must build a clinic there to escape her memories and fulfill her late husband’s dream. Maggie goes by train and boat to the rather bleak Isle of Skye. The island is almost as barren as she feels and she isn’t sure if she can even fit in. Add the fact that her dead husband is haunting her with the request for her to fall in love again and she knows she’s losing her mind.

But the people of Skye need her…and she is determined not to let them down...but they are slow to accept a widowed woman doctor. Now if she were married again…that would be a different matter…and her dead husband, Justin, knows just the right man for the job, Conall MacGryman, his childhood friend and cousin, a veterinary for the island. Now all Justin has to do is to convince Maggie to give the man a chance so she can fall in love again…for both their sakes. her his love is fathomless. No matter what the future holds.

This is was great book to write. I had to know the history of Scotland and more than that, I got to visit the Isle to make sure I got it all straight. And believe it or not, there are so many more places to visit in that wonderful land. So here’s my sexy seven paragraphs. Need I say again that this is one of my favorite books to write…and I hope you find the wonder of historical Scotland just as appealing as I do!



He came closer, his breath warm on her face to pull it around her lower jaw and mouth. “If yeu breathe into it, it will actually keep yeu a little warmer.”
Desire pulsed in his voice and she hesitated to lift her eyes, half-afraid of what she would see. When she did, she saw the raw, sexual power of a good honest man, each look a caress on her already taut nerves. “Thank you.” Taking her medical bag and the laundry, she urged him to move. “Let us go before it gets even colder.”
Opening the door, his hand settled against her lower back to gently guide her through the door and to the wagon. Putting her bag in first, he turned to place his large hands around her waist and hefted her into the seat. Placing the wool blanket around her knees, she watched him as he returned to shut the door of the clinic. She loved the easy charm of living in the country where everyone was family, while there was no need to lock her doors, she still locked away the medicines nightly to keep them from falling into the wrong hands.
Climbing up beside her, he moved close.
She stretched the blanket across his legs as well. “You were correct. It is colder tonight. I will need to remember my gloves on the morrow.”
“Yes, now is the time of year to be very careful and make sure yeu are covered well.” He slapped the reins on the horses and they jerked the wagon into a slow roll.
Before they had gone too far, the threatening snow started to fall, inundating them with relentless wet flakes. Home was little more than a kilometer away. In good weather, it was a quick trip, but tonight every step was a hard won battle. The ruts in the road became more and more difficult as they trudged along the path. It seemed like forever before they made it to Conall’s barn.

Like I said, my traditional publisher, eXtasy Books, is having a $0.99 sale on some of my books and The Haunting of Maggie Grey is one of them! There is a big wonderful selection and if you’ve never read any of my stories, now’s the time to get them at a great discount and see if I write stories you like. Pick up your copies today!

The Thing About Elves ~ Book 2 in the Santa’s Elves series
The Haunting of Maggie Grey ~ Award-winning Scottish Historical about a woman doctor
Iain and Kelsey ~ Story about a woman’s darkest fantasy
Fluke ~ Book 1 of the Orchid series, sci-fi romance
An Elf’s Desire ~ Book 3 in the Santa’s Elves series
A Love for Eggther ~ Book 3.5 in the Santa’s Elves series
Shopping Spree ~ Story about a very special dress shop

Don’t forget to visit all the great authors from the My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below. They have even more amazing and sexy snippets to share.

Have a great weekend...see you next week!








No comments:

Post a Comment