Saturday, November 22, 2014

Our Sexy Thanksgiving ~ @oddlynn3 #MySexySaturday #Saturday7 #LynnCrain

Welcome to week 69th week of My Sexy Saturday. The week’s theme is Our Sexy Thanksgiving. There was a lot of talk about the holiday and the movies that remind us of the holidays. Definitely some fun things there. Unfortunately, I don’t have one book set near the holiday of Thanksgiving. Gives me something to think about, that’s for sure.

The Chriskindlemarkts are in full swing now with the last of them opening this weekend. It just seems so wrong when those of us in the US haven’t celebrated Thanksgiving yet. But I’m celebrating it early because of friends from the States. My dear husband is off doing work so I was going to be alone. Some of his co-workers, whom I’ve become friends with, are here doing their part for an exercise being done in the Middle East. They decided we all needed to celebrate the holiday early. So today’s the day for me to get all the turkey I could ever want. LOL! Can’t wait.

And again, the big surprise has gone undone. I so, so apologize as it was me this week. Part of what I do every year is to get some surprises from the Chriskindlemarkts here and shipped them to where ever the winners may live. I still plan to do that but since I haven’t even purchased the gifts yet, I thought it was a little premature to talk about things I had no clue about. Hope you understand. Part of this fabulous weekend is doing just that. So far, I’ve visited two of the markets and plan on a few more. I know you’ll like what I have. So just a little more patience and all will be revealed.

I have decided that Austria doesn’t know what season it is yet. Some days are pleasant and much warmer than what one expects for winter. There were days that is was so gray, I wanted to bury my head under the pillow. Other days, snow clouds hung in the sky and did nothing. Just made everyone realize that it hasn’t snowed yet. I’m expecting that one soon. Now today, is back to a gray day but I’m still chipper since we’re doing Thanksgiving. Pup Harry has been snarkier than usual since he hurt his leg but otherwise is a very happy dog. Even he will enjoy the turkey.

Longmire fans got the news we had been hoping for…Netflix picked up our beloved series for another season…Season 4 will be short, only 10 episodes, but it’s coming in 2015. Can you say happy dance? I can’t wait to see what all is going to happen with that much beloved series. Again…gotta love those cowboys…and let’s not forget those Indians!

This week, I’m sharing another sexy seven paragraphs from my book The Thing About Elves. Like I said, not much in the way of a Thanksgiving theme in any of my books but these characters have a lot to be thankful for but you’ll need to read the book to find out. Again, this is book two in the series and the hero is to die for. He’s a very sexy elf on the order of Legolas in the Lord of the Rings series or The Hobbit series. He’s sexy and there’s a woman on his horizon who sees right past the sexy façade to the man beneath. And what’s even more wonderful…it’s on sale for just $0.99! Here’s the setup:

It’s been two years since Angie’s friend, Tessa, got married to Jedrick and introduced her to his brother, Ardan. From the moment, she saw him she knew he was the man for her. There’s only one problem…he’s elf…an elf who swears human and elves don’t mix. But Angie has other plans in mind. When Ardan asks her to his house after the delivery of Tessa’s and Jedrick’s twins, she jumps at the chance. Even though he keeps telling her nothing will happen, they have been doing this dance for a very long time. And when she teases him by caressing his body, Ardan knows he’s lost. But love and commitment are more than just hot sex.

Ardan still doesn’t trust human women and Angie is determined to prove that she is the woman…the only woman…for him. She loves medicine, the North Pole and him more than anything else in the world. When Ardan is summoned to help a hurt elf, he is unavailable and Angie goes in his stead to prove to him that she loves the community of elves as much as he does. But something goes terribly wrong and Ardan is left to care for a comatose and possibly dying Angie. Ardan realizing just how precious this woman is, vows to prove to her his love is fathomless. No matter what the future holds.

Need I say again that this is one of my favorite books to write. I loved the world I created with these elves and the North Pole. It was fun to write and flowed naturally. Don’t forget to pick up your copy here. I enjoyed writing it and doing the series…hope you feel the same way!



Ardan pulled her tighter. “It’s the northern lights, the Aurora Borealis.”
“You mean the thing caused by the Earth’s magnetic field?” She looked at him through hooded lashes. He had to know just how much he affected her with his closeness. All her senses were on high sexual alert. It took everything in her to keep her heart from not beating out of her chest.
He continued to look at the light show for a few more minutes. “Yes, it’s caused by the magnetic field. But we tell another story about them.”
“And that is?”
He looked down at her then with troubled eyes. “We artic elves have a legend about lost lovers. Or maybe you would call them found.”
She grinned then. “What’s the legend?”
“In the realm of the first Earth, there were two elves. One always wanted to stay home and do everything he was told while his mate loved to help people. She would do whatever was necessary so her people could thrive and prosper. One day she was called away and while she was gone the eternal night that you mentioned had begun and she couldn’t find her way home. Her mate was so lost without her that he prayed for seven days and seven nights to the gods to bring her home. At the end of the seventh day, the night sky lit up with what we call the Aurora Borealis and she was able to find her way home by its light.”

My traditional publisher, eXtasy Books, is having a $0.99 sale on some of my books and The Thing About Elves is one of them! There is a big wonderful selection and if you’ve never read any of my stories, now’s the time to get them at a great discount and see if I write stories you like. Pick up your copies today!

The Thing About Elves ~ Book 2 in the Santa’s Elves series
The Haunting of Maggie Grey ~ Award-winning Scottish Historical about a woman doctor
Iain and Kelsey ~ Story about a woman’s darkest fantasy
Fluke ~ Book 1 of the Orchid series, sci-fi romance
An Elf’s Desire ~ Book 3 in the Santa’s Elves series
A Love for Eggther ~ Book 3.5 in the Santa’s Elves series
Shopping Spree ~ Story about a very special dress shop

Don’t forget to visit all the great authors from the My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below. They have even more amazing and sexy snippets to share.


Have a great weekend...see you next week!







No comments:

Post a Comment