Monday, March 16, 2015

Monday’s Austria Scoop ~ @oddlynn3 #LynnCrain #AWriterInVienna #PCers


           

Hi Everyone!

            First up, the picture above is one of the many wonderful clocks at the Vienna Clock Museum. It was only when I went looking for a rainy day picture that I realized I didn't have any. I'm will rectify that at a later time. 
            Yes, I’m going into the hospital today but that doesn’t mean I can’t give you the scoop on how it’s been in Austria this past week. Weather was weird yet again. It’s been cloudy and overcast for much of it and again, I understand why Eisenhower and other WWII generals hated the European weather.
            We’ve had a very mild winter this year with only two times when the snow actually stayed on the ground for longer than 24 hours. We even had a few flurries this week as we went from warm to cold in a flash. It’s really interesting when that happens. You go out in a spring coat and realize you’re going to freeze. And that happened on numerous occasions this week.
            Otherwise, Austria has been quite pleasant. It isn’t so beautiful yet as if it were I’d be gazing out my window at all the wonderful flowers instead of writing. But things are budding and we were thinking we’d have flowers this week. However, the weather did another dive and it became cold.
            Then there is the rain. It is interspersed with the cold and makes it even more interesting because sometimes this week like I mentioned, there was little white particles along with it. I kid you not. Rain and snow, the common thing this winter. And what’s even more amazing, one day it will be a warm rain the next freezing cold.  We can’t win here. LOL!
            We did manage to go out a few times this week as Sunday was our 29th wedding anniversary. Cold weather won’t make us stay in for that one.
            See you all next week!


Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment