Saturday, August 15, 2015

My Sexy Saturday ~ @oddlynn3 #MySexySaturday #LynnCrain #Saturday7 #MSSAuthors

Welcome to week 105th week of My Sexy Saturday. This week’s theme is My Sexy Boyfriend. In most of my books, I don’t really have a boyfriend type guy. To me, those are the guys that the heroine would date and in many of my stories, the two have never met until the start of the book. Not that I don’t have my heroes woo the heroines, I do but just not in a traditional boyfriend-girlfriend type of way. So, I hope you enjoy the book I did choose.

My blog is normally hopping with Monday’s Austria Scoop where I talk about Austria and Tuesday’s My So-Called Writing Life where I talk writing and life. I say normally because this past month has been anything but normal. The summer has been hot with lots of humidity and when it’s that way, I don’t want to do a thing. Add to that a staycation where my husband and I did things close to home for 5 wonderful days and you have some of your reasons for me not being in a participatory mood.

Today’s story is one that I really loved writing. It’s part of my Santa’s Elves series and involves one of the family’s sassy cousins who really wants to be in on the family secrets. Here’s the setup:

Giselle Paine has always been on the outside looking in on her elven cousins. Just once she wished she could belong to something bigger than herself. But fate has a way of weaving its web and when handsome elf Ronan Munro arrives on her doorstep after a vicious attack, she knows exactly what she wants. But convincing Ronan is another thing. What will it take to bring him around to her way of thinking and into her bed?

Here’s my seven sexy paragraphs from Giselle’s Elf:


“With you.” She shrugged her shoulders, trying to remove his hands.
But he couldn’t let go. “Why? I’ve done nothing to you except be here to make sure no one attacks you again. And tried to bring you back to the world of the living.”
She chewed her bottom lip as if deciding what to say. When she did speak, it was in a low whisper and he had to lean closer to her to even hear. “If all I am to you is a responsibility you don’t want, why do you always smell so good? Why do you always look so damn sexy? Get away from me if all you want is to teach me a lesson. I’ve had enough lessons in my life.”
His hands immediately fell to his sides. This was his moment of truth. A decision to be made, to deny himself. “What are you talking about?”
“Huh.” She looked up at him wryly. “Go away. I don’t want you around because you have to be. Be here because you want to and nothing else. Even if we never...”
Giselle tried to shove past him but he wasn’t giving up so easily. He really felt she should get it all out so she – they could move forward. Making up his mind in a split second, he knew what he had to do. It was her wellbeing that mattered not his. Grabbing her arm, he pulled her so she was faced away from him. Her perfume wafted up and drifted through his senses, a warm earthy smell, so unlike what he thought she would wear. And he knew he was lost. Leaning in, her hair touched his face as light as an angel’s wing. “What is it you want, Giselle?”
“Who wants to know? Ronan, the protector or Ronan, the man?” she whispered.

Like I said, this story is part of my wonderful Santa’s Elves series and takes place in Boston. Elves are one of my most favorite magical creatures and I just can’t wait until the next one comes out. Yeah, I’ve got a couple more stories in this world to do and I’m hoping to have them done this year for release sometime next year. Keep your fingers crossed.
                                                                                                                                                     
My traditional ePublisher, eXtasy Books, is still having a sale on some of my books at their website and a few of the Santa’s Elves series books are some of them. Right now, you can pick up any of the books listed below for just $0.99. If you’ve never read any of my stories, today is the time to get them at a great discount and see if I write stories you might like. Don’t forget to pick up your copies!

The Thing About Elves ~ Book 2 in the Santa’s Elves series
The Haunting of Maggie Grey ~ Award-winning Scottish Historical about a woman doctor
Captive Illusions: Iain and Kelsey ~ Story about a woman’s darkest fantasy
Fluke ~ Book 1 of the Orchid series, sci-fi romance
An Elf’s Desire ~ Book 3 in the Santa’s Elves series
A Love for Eggther ~ Book 3.5 in the Santa’s Elves series
Shopping Spree ~ Story about a very special dress shop

Please visit all the great authors at the My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below. Their sexy snippets will keep you coming back week after week. If you do, please share via Facebook or Twitter. It helps out a lot and every author appreciates it each and every time. If you’d like to do them all at once, search for the #hashtag #MySexySaturday or #MSSAuthors to get all tweets of the day then retweet them to your heart’s content. You can even search by the #hashtags on Facebook and share the posts there as well. Remember, we love each and every one of you!

See you all next week!


Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment