Tuesday, November 10, 2015

My So-Called Writing Life ~ @oddlynn3 #LynnCrain #amwriting #amediting #brainstorming



This week has been a joyous week in my writer kingdom.

I am going on a writing journey. No, seriously, I’m flying to Spain tomorrow to spend a week with one of my writing besties, Nina Croft. Drop by and see this author’s amazing books by just clicking her name. You’ll go to her website and see some pictures of where I’m staying. I’ll be on her almond farm a whole week.

We plan to sprint, write, brainstorm and do all those wonderful things that writers do when they get together. It will be amazing and awesome and just downright fun. I’m getting more excited as I type this. And yeah, this is being done early as in early Saturday morning because I leave Vienna at 8:50 am. Check my Facebook Page to see what I’m up to in the writing department. I guarantee that I will be posting a few things here and there.

As if my trip weren’t enough…remember last week when I submitted a proposal to my agent? I said that I was hopeful because it was one of my favorite stories. All right, I might not have said it exactly that way but that’s what I meant. And you know what? That enthusiasm paid off as that’s the next series my agent wants me to pursue. I know you can’t see me but I’m truly jumping for joy. This is so awesome! You have no idea just how much I love that story.

But now the hard work comes in. I have to finish polishing the first novel and believe me, it’s not going to be an easy task. I’d been working on it off and on for a few years. Part of the issue is that I made up a language and then realized I didn’t know what the hell I was doing. At least I tried. Then I realized that I needed to take a language I knew, or wanted to know, and bastardize it a little. Or a lot. I think I’ve finally come up with a solution that will work well for me.

Unfortunately, these things take time and as soon as I can get that first book to her, then she wants to shop it around. That means, Deceiving the Scotsman has sunk to second spot and won’t be worked on as much as I thought. I’ll still have it as my NaNo book but the priorities have changed a little bit. This is good because it isn’t boring and makes me do some juggling.

See, I’m a writer that loves to be extremely busy but I do have to have a plan. One of the things that will happen this week with my friend this week is doing some planning along with brainstorming. There is nothing better than having another writer face-to-face to work out some problem you’re having with a project.

So, I’m happy and jazzed about a variety of things. I’ll keep you posted on all of them. See you all next week. Until then…


Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment