Monday, January 25, 2016

Monday’s Austria Scoop ~ @oddlynn3 #LynnCrain #AWriterInVienna

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I’m so terribly late on everything. With deadlines and my moving home, my time is no longer my own as I try to just keep my head above water. But I did promise you all that I would put something up this week.

The weather here has been odd to say the least and I hear it’s that way worldwide. This last weekend, we went from a blizzard on a Saturday, to a melt with rain on Sunday, to full blown rain on Monday and by Tuesday it was nearing 60 degrees. This made for a very interesting time.

But Austria desperately needs snow as it’s what keeps the springs going and the ski tourism is great for the economy here. It’s only been recently that we’ve felt the recession even dig it’s claws in. However, that does not pull away from the overall beauty of the country.

This place is normally gorgeous in the winter and this one has been no different overall. At least for the times we’ve had snow. The pictures are from that wild weekend and I still can’t believe it only lasted for a day. I mean, the flakes were so big and pretty and I so wanted to have one more snow day while I was here.

It was too hard to get pictures during the day, so I decided to try and get some at night. They are all from the evening walk with Pup Harry.

Snowing in front of French Embassy

Pup Harry in his snow boots

Snowing behind Karlskirche

 
Pup Harry's shadow

Hope you enjoyed this little look into Austria and beyond. See you all next week!


Lynn 

1 comment:

  1. my dog never liked those boots and in Wisconsin its cold and snowy ;)

    ReplyDelete