Monday, February 1, 2016

Monday’s Austria Scoop ~ @oddlynn3 #LynnCrain #AWriterInVienna

Hi Everyone!

Sorry that I haven’t been keeping up with this column since basically Spain. There are a lot of things going on in my life and unfortunately, something had to give and it was the Monday/Tuesday columns of my blog. I did post one for January 25th, so don’t forget to comment on that one as I will be giving away that $25 Amazon gift certificate tomorrow or Wednesday as I want to give people some time to comment.

As some of you may know, this column will soon be turning into a reflection on my time here in Austria as opposed to first-hand knowledge. I’ll be moving permanently back to the US on March 6. But we’ll be doing some vacation first in the east then travel across country to visit aging relatives and to see the country we’ve been away from.

But we still have a few weeks in Austria and I need to give you a few more columns regarding my time here…so here goes!

All I can say is, poor trees and other vegetation. This is not normal for here and since the trees didn’t shed their leaves until late October, I’m sure they are not happy at all. Last week, it was going between hot and cold. This week it has been nothing but warm. Like in the 40s-50s and 60s. Today was a scorcher at 65 degrees. No coat necessary here.

Frankly, from what I’ve been hearing, it’s been warmer here than at home. Matter of fact, it snowed there today. So much so that all the mountains around the Vegas area had snow on them. Imagine that. They’ve had lots of snow there during my time here in Austria.

I realize that I didn’t show you much from December this year and all the pictures today are from then. In front of the Rathuas this year, one of the trees was colored red-white-blue in honor of France once again. We are still feeling the terrible effects of horrible day now. Another bunch shows something very interesting that happened to us while we were at the Karlskirche Adventmarkt one day. It seems they were celebrating Carnival or something as a lot of the Buskers came out to show us their stuff. Last shows the Christkindlemarkt at Schonbrunn Palace. Sorry about the quality but I was taking them as fast as I could.

Salute to France

Looking toward Rathaus from the corner
The beginning of the Busker Parade

The Busker Parade

The Buskers move on

Christkindlemarkt at Schonbrunn

 Hope you enjoyed this little look into Austria and beyond. See you all next week!


Lynn 

1 comment:

  1. those are lovely pics, I want to go to London and Greece

    ReplyDelete