Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Sexy Vampire ~ @oddlynn3 #LynnCrain #MySexySaturday #MySexyAuthors #MSS126

Welcome to week 126th week of My Sexy Saturday. This week’s theme is A Sexy Vampire. Again, the theme says it all and while I love vampires, I really only have story that fits the theme.

I’m still on deadline and will be posting all the things I was supposed to get to this week today. That means there will be a new Monday’s Austria Scoop and Tuesday’s My So-Called Writing Life that you can comment on. Remember to comment often as I will be giving out a $25 gift certificate on Monday, February 1. I realized I needed to give everyone as much time as possible since it’s a monthly pool. So, don’t forget to get your comments in so you can be in the drawing.

This week’s story was at one time part of an anthology at eXtasy Books called Sanguinary Seductions. Right now, it’s going through an edit so it can go back on sale in the near future. The unfortuately thing about anthologies is that when one person wants out, the anthology falls apart. The good thing about this happening at eXtasy is that the authors who want to continue to have their stories for sale are given the option of having that story as a single title release with your specifics on the same anthology cover. I opted to stay for all my anthology stories there. Needless to say, I love eXtasy and they have tons of great authors. Anyway,  here’s the setup for A Tale of Opposites:

Two brothers torn apart by misunderstanding, two sisters bound to them by fate. One extraordinary story of how they find each other, love and a mission to keep all of humanity safe.

Here’s my seven paragraphs:



“You killed my family…you made me who I am…do you understand that?”
I looked at her beautiful form once more and hunkered down to look at her full in the face. “Look at my face real good, girl. Tell me what you see.” I narrowed my eyes at her, watching her look me over. It took only moments for her eyes show fear and her face go white. “Now you understand.” I stood once again. I could hear her harsh breathing and feel her quite sobs. “Do you have anywhere to go?” I could feel her shake her head. “All right. Get up and come with me.”
She just sat there sobbing. Frustrated, I reached down and pulled her up. Light as a feather, I nearly tossed her up in the air without trying. “We need to go,” I said more gently and pulled her close, willing some of my strength to invade her body. Sometimes it was good to have the strength of a dozen men and the power of suggestion, sometimes not so much.
Picking up her pack, I reached for her hand. Slowly, we began the short trek to my room in the local inn. It was not much, but it was a roof over our head and would give us both some much needed rest. If what I felt was any indication of Clarise’s state of mind and body, I knew she needed more than rest. I was not sure if I could provide just what this woman would need to make her get over this reckless task she had set out for herself.
Pushing open the door to the inn, we were assaulted with the sights and sounds of so called civilization. Sizing up the room, I realized quickly that no one would challenge me whatsoever. Taking out a coin, I tossed it to the innkeep as I passed. “Please send your best meal and ale to my room as soon as you can.” The man nodded and continued to pour ale for those at the bar, all the while yelling at the barmaid to prepare a tray.
Quickly, we stood at the bottom of the stair. Leaning in closely, I whispered to my companion, “Can you make it up the stairs, Clarise?” When I received no answer, I swung her up in my arms, pack and all, taking the stairs two at a time. Once in my room, I sat her down gently on the bed and removed her cloak while leaving her pack by the door. The haunted look in her eyes said it all. Damn him, I swore under my breath.
Turning toward me, her eyes welled up with tears. “If not you, who killed my family?”

This is one of the items I want to complete before I move. We’ll see how much I can accomplish before that happens. But I did say to some fellow writers that I find myself more motivated during stressful times. Weird as that may seem.

My traditional ePublisher, eXtasy Books is still having a sale on a few of my books. Don’t forget to pick up your copies today!

The Thing About Elves ~ Book 2 in the Santa’s Elves series
The Haunting of Maggie Grey ~ Award-winning Scottish Historical about a woman doctor
Captive Illusions: Iain and Kelsey ~ Story about a woman’s darkest fantasy
Fluke ~ Book 1 of the Orchid series, sci-fi romance
An Elf’s Desire ~ Book 3 in the Santa’s Elves series
A Love for Eggther ~ Book 3.5 in the Santa’s Elves series
Shopping Spree ~ Story about a very special dress shop

Please visit all the great authors at the My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below to read their sexy snippets. When you do, please share via Facebook or Twitter. It helps out a lot and every author appreciates it each and every time. If you’d like to do them all at once, search for the #hashtag #MySexySaturday or #MySexyAuthors to get all tweets of the day then retweet them to your heart’s content. You can even search by the #hashtags on Facebook and share the posts there as well. Remember, we adore each and every one of you!

See you all next week with more My Sexy Saturday!


Lynn 

2 comments: