Saturday, February 20, 2016

Our Sexy Mystery ~ @oddlynn3 #LynnCrain #MySexySaturday #MySexyAuthors #MSS129

Welcome to week 129h week of My Sexy Saturday. This week’s theme is Our Sexy Mystery. And while it’s an exciting theme, it makes me a little sad as well. I don’t really write mysteries. Or at least not what I think they are. To me, there are a few types like cozy mysteries or even thriller mysteries. Some romantic suspense I would classify as mysteries but not all. The same goes for paranormal books. I’m currently doing a few of those but still, I don’t think they are true mysteries.

Maybe that’s why I think it’s so hard to do this week because in my mind, I don’t write mysteries and I don’t have a book that exudes the aura that a mystery brings. With that said, I will present something close or at least will fill the romantic requirement. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy it.

This story is part of my Santa’s Elves Series, which turned from a sort of sweet group of stories about the elves that work at the North Pole into something darker. When I started writing it, the intent was to keep them light and airy but somewhere along the line, a dark elf showed himself. The last few stories reflected that change and produced a mystery of sorts. There are one novel and two short stories left in the series for me to do. I plan to finish them this year.

This week I am packing up my Vienna home and doing lots of things associated with that. Add to it, the fact my husband will be working full time during our last three weeks here except for two moving days, and you’ll notice my stress level will be going up. Still have deadlines to fulfill but that’s becoming something to put off until later this spring.

I did manage to announce the winner of my $25 Amazon gift certificate and I plan to track her down this weekend. While I did get my Monday’s Austria Scoop up, I neglected getting My So-Called Writing Life up and for that I am sorry. Still comment often on all of this month’s columns because on Tuesday, I will be giving away the last of my $25 Amazon gift certificates along with an ebook.

This week’s story is the last book I’ve written in the Santa’s Elves Series of books. It is about a woman who didn’t realize just how strong her elf magic is and a man who is trying to save his sister from the dark forces surrounding her. It’s the closet thing I have to a mystery and I hope you enjoy it. Here’s the setup for An Elf’s Love:

When Trevor Haines attempts to kidnap Merna Locklin from her brothers wedding, he is transported to an island paradise from which there appears to be no escape. Each day is an exquisite torture as he wants the young woman more and more. But Trevor needs to understand there is more to life than being the Dark Elfs minion…will Merna be the elf to teach him?

Merna Locklin is terrified when she transports the man who tried to kidnap her and herself to a place she had always planned for a romantic retreat. But this is no honeymoon and Trevor Haines is no groom. Or is he?

Here’s my seven paragraphs from this amazing story:


“Well, my, my, what do we have here?”
Her eyes flew open and before she could turn, she sank deeper in the tub, coming up sputtering bubbles and water. “What are you doing here?”
A deep boisterous rumble echoed through the room. “Dont drown yourself on my account.
Wiping the bubbles from her face, she glared at him. “Youre not that special. Now get out so I can dry off then dress.
Trevor nodded, amusement played around the edges of his mouth. “As long as you realize there arent any doors.
Her eyes got big and she sunk down to her chin. “Uh-forgot that one.”
“Dont worry. Ill be in the kitchen seeing what I can put together for dinner.” He turned then tossed a few more words her way. “I cant promise not to peek.”

This series is one of my favorite series and I can’t wait to jump back into it with both feet later this year. It was fun to write and it will make me very happy to let the world see the last of my current set of elves. My traditional ePublisher, eXtasy Books is still having a sale on the books listed below. You can get a substantial savings and even some free things by just visiting their website. Hope to see you there and don’t forget to pick up your copies today!

The Thing About Elves ~ Book 2 in the Santa’s Elves series
The Haunting of Maggie Grey ~ Award-winning Scottish Historical about a woman doctor
Captive Illusions: Iain and Kelsey ~ Story about a woman’s darkest fantasy
Fluke ~ Book 1 of the Orchid series, sci-fi romance
An Elf’s Desire ~ Book 3 in the Santa’s Elves series
A Love for Eggther ~ Book 3.5 in the Santa’s Elves series
Shopping Spree ~ Story about a very special dress shop

Please visit all the great authors at the My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below to read their sexy snippets. When you do, please share via Facebook or Twitter. It helps out a lot and every author appreciates it each and every time. If you’d like to do them all at once, search for the #hashtag #MySexySaturday or #MySexyAuthors to get all tweets of the day then retweet them to your heart’s content. You can even search by the #hashtags on Facebook and share the posts there as well. Remember, we adore each and every one of you!

See you all next week with more My Sexy Saturday!


Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment