Saturday, March 15, 2014

Having No Sexy ~ @oddlynn3 #Saturday7 #LynnCrain #MSSWeek40







Welcome to week 40 at My Sexy Saturday from my home town in the States. This week was full of surprises as I prepared for some life changes like setting up assisted living for my 79 yo father who is now recovering nicely. However, when I woke up this morning and realized I had lost track of the date, I wasn’t happy.

How I found out was when my dear, dear husband called and sang Happy Anniversary to me. It was a wake up call that I needed a rest hence the repeat of what was on the My Sexy Saturday page. It was easier that way until I could think of something truly exciting. And try to figure out just what I’m getting for my awesome husband for his anniversary. After all, about noon I got a wonderful bouquet of flowers that again had me sputtering tears of joy. I have one of those rare men who knows how to make my day even after all these years.

Today is My Sexy Saturday! On with the sexy! My Sexy Saturday is a weekly blog hop where authors share sexy snippets of their books with 7 words, 7 sentences or 7 paragraphs. Each week we strive entertain you through our snippets that we post. This is for you, our readers, as we value and appreciate each one of you.

Here at XtraOrdinary Romance, I’ve been highlighting my erotic romance, Loving the Scotsman. We’re now in the final chapter that I plan to share with you, Chapter 7. I discovered I couldn’t count and there is only two more weeks of this fantastic book. It’s time to move on to other stories.  I know I’ve given everyone a great look into this wonderful novel. Again, I’ll keep you posted on this wonderful story.

For those who are new to the Loving the Scotsman world: Two lovers reunite in Edinburgh after a fifteen year hiatus and the sparks fly. The hero coerces said heroine to spend her remaining time with him…hmmm…let’s just say more than sparks light up the room. This scene is during a session of making passionate love and it’s told from the hero’s point of view. And yeah, these two really get into this week’s meme of Putting the X Back in Sexy and they prove it time and time again.  And while the Xs usually mean kisses, there’s nothing wrong with a good screw every now and then.

I loved writing this story. It’s told totally in 1st person from both the heroine and hero. It’s a very unique approach and I had to talk to a lot of men, especially the dear husband, when creating the hero Logan. Here are my sexy 7 sentences for the week. Enjoy! 

The unspoken hung in the air as I sat down hard in the chair. I flipped through the years, remembering various events. We’d gone to almost every Christmas party or social event for the firm together even when she had a date. We celebrated Grandma’s eighty-fifth and our own birthdays together. We’d gone over cases together. Monica never once complained, nor had a real boyfriend since I don’t know when. It now occurred to me my friend hadn’t made any long term commitments because she didn’t want to leave me alone.

Don’t forget to visit all the great authors from My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below. They have some amazing snippets to share. If you want more on this story, here are the links to the previous snippets.


Have a great weekend...see you next week!


Lynn








4 comments:

  1. *hugs* Thank you for hosting us for forty weeks now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting still. My thoughts are with you during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, has it really been 40 weeks...of yummy sexiness? What an achievement.

    And I love the suddenness of Logan's realization. It was like he just got hit upside the head with a 2x4. lol.

    Dakota

    ReplyDelete