Friday, July 2, 2010

When You Comment


Wow! I’m going on a month without missing a day of blogging. During this month, we have explored everything from me and my family to the many joys of writing. Or not. Some days have made me wonder if I’ve given too much information or not enough but overall I think the project is a success.

Over the next few months, I will add guest spots here and there, so you all won’t get so bored with just me. While I’m good at yacking, I don’t know everything and I realize this more and more as I get older. Now if you breathe a word of this to my children, I’ll swear I don’t know what you’re talking about...LOL! Really, I’ve been telling them this for years especially now since my eighteen-year-old has decided I’m a fount of information then argues every point.

One of the things I want to let each and every one of you know is that I read all your comments and the response you see is a personal one from me. I don’t have someone do this blog for me and even if I had a helper, it would still be my job to write the blogs and then look at all the comments. If I expect you to buy my books occasionally, you can expect me to be responsive to any of your comments.

It is important to be to show you that your time is just as valuable as mine. While I may write my blogs in bunches of three to seven at a time, you read it every day. One of the most important things you all do for me is to provide a break from my writing. Sometimes, if I can go out and just write a little about something else, it will fall back in place for me and I’ll be able to get back to the story at hand.

I also wanted to let each of you know that I love your comments. You inspire me to be better, to write more and to be as good as I can be with my stories. You also give me new ideas and take me down paths I might never have gone if you didn’t write your comment. I could not do this without and I would be fooling myself to say I could.

So I thank each of you from the bottom of my heart. I appreciate and value each one of you as a reader and a person. Keep up the good work.

I wasn’t going to include a quote but this one so fits me right now it isn’t funny:

The only cure for writer's block is insomnia. ~Merit Antares

When it gets hot here in the summer, my sleep quota goes down. Not that I don’t need it, I do but the heat keeps me up no matter what happens. This year I don’t have to worry about the joys of menopause, which heats you from the inside out. Nope, this year I worry about the actual temperature and it’s weird. See, my house is pleasant in the day.

Like right now, I am sitting in front of my huge picture window looking outside and am as cool as a cucumber. Come about eight o’clock in this house and things heat up as the brick finally gets warm. And stays there. Sigh. It leaves for many a night where I can’t get to bed until somewhere around two. Right now, my personal alarm clock is set for only about five to six hours sleep for some reason. Again, I think it’s the heat as my room is on the backside of the house and it tends to get the morning sun. You’d think it would dissipate by nightfall.

No such luck. But I’m putting the time to good use and writing. Blogs, books, you name it, you can find me right in front to this machine typing my little heart out. What do you do when you have a sleepless night? I can’t wait to hear what you all have to say.

See you tomorrow!

Lynn