Friday, September 7, 2012

An Interview with Patricia T. Macias


Join me today in welcoming the wonderful Patricia T. Macias to my blog. 

Please tell us about your latest book.
Hot & Forbidden is tantalizing and exciting. This novel is about two of the cousins, Nicolas De La Cruz and Daniella De La Cruz falling in love. The forbidden is always enticing. How do Nicolas and Daniella deal with their forbidden love? Why is their love forbidden? How can they overcome the obstacles without losing their love? La familia has a secret. Can this be the key that will set their love free? 

What can we expect from you in the future?
I want to complete my Hot De La Cruz series and then I will start on my paranormal series.

How do we find out about you and your books?
You can find out about me and my books by visiting my websites, FB, and any book store.

How can readers contact you?
The readers can contact me by leaving me comments on my blogs or by email at ptmacias@yahoo.com

Do your fans' comments and letters influence you in any way?
I do take my fan’s comments and letters into consideration. I try to learn and grow from them.

Do you have a favorite comment or question from a reader?
Yes I do-“I love your story and it’s awesome.”

Why did you decide to write romance novels?
I decided on romance novels because I love romance, passion, and happily ever after.

Generally, how long does it take you to write a book?
Well since I wrote all twelve books concurrently and it took me approximately seven months to finish the first one. The other eleven books are approximately three quarters completed. I don’t have a clue on how long it will take me to write a book. I think about thirty to ninety days depending on length, if there’s research, and the time I have available.

Do you have a set schedule for writing or do you just go with the flow?
I do have a day job. I start writing after having dinner in the evenings. On the weekends I dedicate my time to writing after I do my chores.  When I’m off work and have the entire day to write, I do get ready, have breakfast and then I write. I started brainstorming and organizing it into outlines. I developed each character’s personalities, interests, and personal love story. I kept on track and was able to create cohesive plots by using a calendar as a timeline. I want to write feasible and believable stories that evolve around events that are transpiring in each cousin’s life in the same period of time.

What is your writing routine once you start a book?
I start writing and writing. I have all of these characters talking and directing in my head writing the story.

What about your family, do they know not to bother you when you are writing - or are there constant interruptions?
My family attempts to not bother me, but they also claim that they want me to take a break from writing. They do come and interrupt. They do want some attention, lol.

What do you do to relax and recharge your batteries?
I take a shower and my husband gives me a massage.

What truly motivates you in general?  In your writing?
My characters motivate me and the story that I feel compelled to write.

Where do your ideas come from?
To be honest I dreamed this story over and over for several weeks until I realized it was a story and characters living in my dreams. I bought my laptop and started to write. 

What are your thoughts on love scenes in romance novels, do you find them difficult to write?

I do find the love scenes difficult to write. I’m a totally very conservative, prudish woman and had to learn to be more uninhibited and open. I had to own my love scenes and learn to enjoy them. It was very embarrassing and awkward at first. I tried to keep them as clean as possible.

What kind of research do you do?
I do research on the internet anything that involves technical, medical, and or a specialized area. I will also ask individuals with knowledge of the subject.

Would you like to write a different genre than you do now, or sub-genre?
Yes, I want to write paranormal romance. 

What does your husband/wife think of your writing?
My husband is thrilled with my writing and amazed. He is very encouraging. 

Do you ever ask him/her for advice?
No, I don’t because I always discuss my stories with my daughter.

Fill in the blank favorites 
Dessert                                   My favorite dessert is pistachio ice cream
Season                                    My favorite season is spring
Type of hero                       hot sexy passionate alpha male
Type of heroine                hot, strong, and intelligent

What are some of your favorite things to do?
I love to write, visit with my family, go to the concerts, and travel.

Do you have a favorite author? Favorite book?
I love Acheron by S. Kenyon.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself with several books written. I also want to write some paranormal romance. I also see my books in a television series, lol. I think that we all dream of having our books on the screen. J

How long have you been writing - have you always wanted to be a writer?
Wow, I have only been writing since April 2011, one little year, well almost two.  I have always wanted to be a writer, but I never seriously considered writing until recently. I thought it was a crazy thought.

How many books have you written, how many have been published?
Hot & Spicy is my debut novel. Hot & Forbidden is my new release. I’m working on my third novel Hot & Enchanting that will hopefully be out in December 2012.

After you've written your book and it's been published, do you ever buy it and/or read it?
I recently published Hot & Spicy, my first debut novel. I have been busy with my next novels and with the PR. I haven’t sat down to read it, but I do skim through it.

Among your own books, have you a favorite book?  Favorite hero or heroine?
Oh yeah, I love Hot & Forbidden.  I love Nicolas De La Cruz. Nicolas is hot, sensitive, and captivating. He’s also compelling, intense, and passionate with Daniella De La Cruz.

What book for you has been the easiest to write?  The hardest?  The most fun?
My first book Hot & Spicy was the most difficult book to write due to the fact that I didn’t know where to start. I also was compelled to write the cousins story since their stories interlocked.

Hot & Spicy is the first book of a twelve book series. The other eleven books were also written concurrently and are three quarters completed.  Well the second book Hot & Forbidden is complete and I’m working on the third book, Hot & Enchanting.

Which comes first, the story, the characters or the setting?
The general story comes to me with the characters defining it. The setting comes as I write.

Are you in control of your characters or do they control you?
Aw, that’s an amazing question. You would think that I would control the character, but it’s amazing how you start writing, and it’s like if their thoughts, feelings, and actions are coming to you.  I think that I start off with a general idea and then it merges with what the characters are feeling, thinking and the direction that they want to go. Lol, it’s lots of fun.

Have you experienced writer's block---> If so, how did you work through it?
No I have not, but I would do something else and wait for the flow to come.

What is the most rewarding thing about being a writer?
I love it when people truly enjoyed my story and want to read more, lol. 

If you weren't writing, what would you be doing?
I would be reading, lol.

Are there any words of encouragement for unpublished writers?
I think an unpublished writer should try to publish their story. There will always be people that will love it and people that will hate it. I would also advise them it is necessary do a lot more than just write, they also have to be promoting their book, and meeting lots of amazing and interesting people.



Hot & Spicy Excerpt

Jose Enrique sits at the conference table waiting for his novia to show up. I just want to be here before they do so I can take a good look at her before they realize I’m here. I have a good feeling about this. I have been endeavoring to remember Paty’s amigas from high school. I don’t recall any of them coming over to la casa. Paty is right. I never paid attention to them. I was too busy studying, going to school, y assisting on mi free time at la familia’s company. I have faith in Paty. Paty says mi novia is hermosa, smart, y muy sexy.

Paty y Jessy are laughing as they enter the conference room. Jessy steps into the cuarto first. Oh dios mio, Jose Enrique is waiting. He looks hotter than ever before. Mi corazon will not stop pounding. Mi chest, it’s going to explode. I’m going to die. I’m going
to stop breathing.

Take a deep breath, stay calm. I need to be professional, sophisticated, y sexy. Yeah, right! Geez! Smile and greet him. I need to put mi portfolio on the desk and be ready for his greetings, thought Jessy. Take control. Don’t tremble y definitely do not sweat. Okay, I can do this. Smile.

Jose Enrique observes his novia enter the cuarto first. Dios mio, Wow! Gracias dios mio. It’s the bella chica that I saw at the club on Friday. I do owe Paty big, big time. Smiling, Jose Enrique approaches his novia reaching out to enfold her in a tight hug.

“Hola, novia mia,” Jose Enrique said proceeding to give her a beso.

What is he doing? He is kissing me! Relax. Return his beso, thought Jessy.

Jose Enrique almost releases her when he feels her tremble y stiffens. He is about to step back and release her when he feels her relax. Dios mio, I have never felt so much attraction in a simple beso. Her lips are so soft y silky. She tastes like heaven.

She’s trembling. Hmmm maybe I am scaring her. I should stop this beso. Jose Enrique feels her melting into him as she parts her lips inviting him to deepen the beso.

Jose Enrique did not stop to think. He takes full advantage softly entering her mouth to explore every sweet inch. She feels so good. She feels like she is made especially para me.

Jose Enrique feels her brazos creep up around his neck. She is responding to his beso. He feels her tongue slipping slowly past his lips deepening his beso. He then hears her moan.

Jessy lost track of time y forgot all about Paty. I cannot think.

Oh dios mio, I have dreamt of Jose Enrique’s besos forever. He is so hot y sexy. I always knew he would smell scrumptious. He smells like spice and sandalwood. He tastes better than I could ever image. I need to get closer to him. Jessy takes a step closer
rising up on tiptoes. I need more of him, thought Jessy.

Okay, this has to stop, thought Paty. They forgot all about me y the meeting. Jose Enrique doesn’t even remember her. Great!

This is getting out of hand.

Walking over to the desk, Paty slams down her file on the desk hoping to get a reaction. I cannot believe this. They didn’t even react.

“Well, hello! You two need to stop! Okay, we have a meeting!” yells Paty.

Jose Enrique y Jessy step back but didn’t release each other from their embrace. They are intensely contemplating each other’s ojos, reflecting on the amazing passion y physical attraction that they just experience. It is so unexpected that they were stunned.

I cannot believe it. It is the bella chica from the club from last Friday night. Her ojos are unbelievable, y they really glow. Right now I can see in her lindo ojos the passion y pleasure that exploded, threatening to escape our control. Thanks to Paty I was
able to stop.

Jose Enrique is amazing. He really is spicy and hot like I always imagined. I have never, ever, responded to a simple beso with so much passion. Si, I have kissed other chicos. Not one of the chicos that I have kissed has ever caused this type reaction.

Si, of course, I have never kissed in front of an audience. Paty is mi best amiga, but still, geez. I did not even care. I really forgot where I was, and who was here. Look at his incredible green ojos. I can see the burning passion y astonishment in his ojos. Oh, I’m genuinely in love. Definitely he is todo mio. Jose Enrique only doesn’t realize it now.




Author Bio:
            My name is Patricia T. Macias. I was born in San Jose, California. I graduated from the University of Phoenix with a dual Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management/Administration. I currently live in Sacramento, California with my husband and children. My family is my pride and joy. I also enjoy spending quality time with family and friends.
            I always dreamed of writing romance novels. I am delighted to be achieving my dream. I wanted to write since I was in elementary. I loved reading about the romance, the heroes, and lovely ladies. 
            I do have a day job. I love to write after work and on weekends.  All my characters are my new best friends.  I love writing about my new friends' issues and love life. They're always talking and living in my mind and dreams. 
            The De La Cruz Saga is about a close Mexican American family that encounters heartaches, erotic passions, and romance.
            Each novel is about one of the cousins love story. The cousins fall in love and in the process overcome obstacles and heartaches before reaching a happy ending. This saga is exciting with lots of action. It's a thriller and erotic romance novels.
            My favorite reads are romance and paranormal books. I love reviewing the books I have read with my friends and family.
            I truly enjoy blogging, Pinterest, and Facebook. I love meeting and getting to know all of the authors, bloggers, and readers.

            Please visit me at my other blogs

ptmacias.blogspot.com
ptmacias.com

            I look forward to your comments.

Patricia

2 comments:

  1. Informative interview of the creative process of Patricia Macias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa,
    Thank you, I'm pleased that you enjoyed.
    Patricia ♥

    ReplyDelete