Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesday's Writer with Tyffani Clark Kemp


Today we have the wonderful Tiffani Clark Kemp with us for an author interview. She’s also going to give us a peek into one of her books. Please give her a warm welcome! Welcome, Tiffani, to XtraOrdinary Romance!

What can we expect from you in the future? I currently have two works in the wings. Best Within and Beast Anew will release Feb 27 and March 25 of 2013. I’m really excited about these. You can watch my FB page for info on their releases.

How do we find out about you and your books? Follow me on Facebook and my blog. I like to post excerpts to FB as I write.

Do your fans' comments and letters influence you in any way? Yes. I love to hear about what fans think about my work. I put a lot of myself into what I do. It’s always nice to hear that people enjoy reading it.

How much of your personality and life experiences are in your writing? Oh, all of it. Ha ha! If I’m going through something you’ll read about it in some way, shape, or form. I put a lot of emotion into my work.

When did you first think about writing and what prompted you to submit your first ms? I was watching Young Hercules with Ryan Gosling and I decided to write my own episode. =) It was pretty good for an 11 year old I think.

Generally, how long does it take you to write a book? This is subjective. lol It can take me anywhere from a week to a year. It depends on the story. Some flow, some are a struggle.

Do you have a set schedule for writing or do you just go with the flow? I just go with the flow. Lots of important things get ignored when I’m writing. lol

Where do you start when writing? Research, plotting, outline, or...? I start with a basic “Oh that would be cool” idea. It can be anything from a hair style to some dialogue to a scene that I woke up with in my head.

What about your family, do they know not to bother you when you are writing - or are there constant interruptions? Constant. Interruptions. *rolls eyes*

How do you come up with ideas? They come from everywhere. A conversation, a picture, a movie, a song. It’s hard to say just where my ideas come from because they come from so many different places.

Do you feel humor is important in fiction and why? Yes, because it’s an important part in life. Ha ha! Without humor...well, that’s just boring.

Would you like to write a different genre than you do now, or sub-genre? Oh I write everything. I love to challenge myself. I would like to get into graphic novels and I’d like to learn how to write for video games. =D

What does your husband/wife/significant other think of your writing? My fiance writes poetry, so he fully understands when I go into “the cave” and don’t come out for days.

Do you have a favorite author? Favorite book? Ted Dekker. =) Hands down, he is my all time favorite. If you haven’t read anything from him, GO NOW. Find him on FB. He’s giving away a free book to everyone who signs up for it.  I think that promotion is still going. He’s hardcore. Tell him I sent you...;)

Leather or lace? Leather
Black or red? Black
Satin sheets or Egyptian cotton? Satin
Ocean or mountains? Both
City life or country life? Country life
Hunky heroes or average Joe? Hunky average joe heros =)
Party life or quiet dinner for two? Quiet dinner for two
Dogs or cats? DOGS!

I love pizza with pineapple and ham.
I'm always ready for good lovin’. ha ha!
When I'm alone, I write or read.

Dessert ~ Gram’s chocolate eclaire cake
City ~ Glasgow
Season ~ Winter
Type of hero ~ Massively muscled, reluctant, kind of mean but thaws as the story progresses
Type of heroine ~ bad ass, knows what she wants and gets it

Where can your readers find you? Facebook Blog Goodreads Twitter LinkedIn

Where’s your favorite place to hang out online? Facebook

Book Excerpt
            “Where is Edgar?” Parashie asked.  I would never tell her that I thought her accent was beautiful.
            I motioned to the office.  “He’s having a private meeting.”
            Parashie rolled her eyes and stalked to the office door.  Her stilettos thumped on the carpeted wood floor, making it sound hollow underneath, and it probably was.
            I didn’t try to stop her from opening the door.  I have no qualms about letting her and the others know just how little I care for them.  It would serve her right for calling me “common girl” for so long if she got in trouble.
            Eddy looked up when the door opened and his client whipped his head around.  Shock and fear rolled off of him and filled my head.  My heart sped up like I was experiencing his fear.  I could feel his eyes locked on me.  They were full of a power I didn’t understand.  I felt a niggle at the base of my skull and my head ticked to the right in a sort of shiver.  The man frowned at me, blinked, and then it was gone.
            Eddy was livid, his face flushed with anger.  He shouted something at Parashie in Russian and rose out of his chair to block any view of his guest.  Eddy looked and sounded the most manly I’d ever heard him.  I realized, if he wasn’t such an ass I might be attracted to him.
            “I didn’t know you spoke Russian,” I said quietly, mostly to myself than anything, but it seemed the wrong thing to do.  Eddy heard me and, when he turned to look, his face had blanched to a creamy white.  He looked sick, like he might pass out.
            “Shut the door!” Eddy shouted one last time, enunciating each word like Parashie was stupid.
            Parashie screamed something in her native tongue and slammed the door like a spoiled child.  Then, she turned on me and shouted, “Don’t you have some work to do?”
            “I have to get my pills from my car,” I said and hurried out of the building.  I wasn’t in the mood for a fight, and she was wearing stilettos, too?  No, thanks.  She could keep them.
            I keep my Clonidine in the console of my beat up Honda Civic.  I suffer from Epilepsy and a mild case of Tourette’s Syndrome.  I haven’t had a seizure in years and I keep the tics at bay with the pills.  I don’t have vocal tics, the kind where you shout random words for no reason.  Instead I have motor tics and sometimes my body will just shudder.  It starts with the weird feeling at the base of my skull then travels my spine like a shiver.  Those are mostly gone too, except for special occasions.
            I popped the pill and swallowed without water before I headed back inside.  I ignored Parashie, who sat sulking in the corner, not doing any work whatsoever.
            The meeting was over before I made it to the backroom.  Eddy walked out first, his head down and his tail tucked between his legs, so to speak.  The client came next, hands in his pockets, head held high.  He was attractive, too attractive.
            “I will speak with you again soon, Eddy,” he said in an accent I couldn’t place.  Accent whore that I am I loved it.
            Eddy nodded.  We all watched the man leave, even Parashie was enamored with him.  Eddy seemed to come out of the stupor first, though he speared me with a look and said, “Back to work, Mizz Scott.”

Price: $2.99
Genre: Adult Urban Fantasy
Publisher: SideStreet Cookie Publishing
Release Date: Oct 15, 2012



Bio:
Tyffani Clark Kemp was born in Florida and raised by her grandparents. She started writing at the age of eleven when her english teacher gave them a prompt to write about for fifteen minutes. She took the story home, but never finished it, just like most of her writing attempts during that time. She enjoys writing science fiction and fantasy, but will write anything that she feels excited about. After graduation she moved to South Carolina. She lives there now with her family and her dog. Scorned: A LeKrista Scott, Vampire Hunted novel is her first published book and the first in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment