Saturday, January 31, 2015

Their Sexy Thoughts ~ @oddlynn3 #MySexySaturday #Saturday7 #LynnCrain #MSSAuthors

Welcome to week 77th week of My Sexy Saturday. The week’s theme is Their Sexy Thoughts.  I’ve thought long and hard on this one since my characters think a lot. Sometimes about their significant other, sometimes about the situation at hand. Thoughts can be deceptive because many times, our characters are trying to convince themselves that they don’t want to fall in love, that there is nothing the other person has to offer them. They are wrong, so wrong. So follow along this week as each of the authors in this blog hop gives you their interpretation of sexy through the thoughts of their characters.

Last week was great as my father’s meager estate did get finalized and items closed. It was definitely the passing of an era and it makes me very sad in many ways. Though here in Austria, the weather cooperated in many ways and gave me a few snow days. Not that it stayed on the ground at all but there were a few evenings where it looked as if we lived in a snow globe. I’m hoping for more but the score is out on that one since the forecast has not been correct in many days. It’s like the weathermen can’t predict the weather any more.

As promised, I did start a multi-day post on my Facebook author page where I tell you five things about myself that aren’t necessarily common knowledge. I started that when I said I would and have been hit or miss on any given day. I think I’m trying to give people more time to look at it since Facebook doesn’t play nice with posts any more. Though I have a fair share of followers, it seems that maybe just 10% see what I post. If I’m lucky. I’ll be posting the last entry later today yesterday and I’ll see if any of you have commented on it. If enough of you have, I will do a giveaway for a $25 Amazon gift certificate AND a copy of one of my books. For every comment you leave, even if it’s on days past, will be another entry into the drawing. Hope to see a few of you there.

Today, the weather in Austria is beautiful, so I plan a day at the Naschmarkt to get some fresh veggies and fruit. There was a protest scheduled here yesterday that we were told would result in street riots. Thank goodness the weather didn’t cooperate for that one. It was cold and wet as the snow came down to melt immediately due to the warm temperature. I was home alone last night and didn’t hear a thing until right before I was to take out Pup Harry for his nightly walk. Then the helicopters started swirling around. So I waited a few then a few more and would have done it again but Pup Harry was dancing. He’d had enough and needed to go. So off we went to eerily quiet streets. We only saw two other people with their dogs and no one else. Either everyone was snug at home or watching the protest. I went home happy we didn’t get caught in something bad.

My new weekly column, My Writing Life, will be starting this week on Tuesday, not last week and I apologize for misinforming you. Besides not being on time, I can’t tell the date either. If you’re wondering about the time reference, go see my Facebook author page to get the explanation. I will talk about my spreadsheets and why they are personally important to me. There will be other tidbits about my life as well because as we all know, it’s not all about writing. No, there are no tiaras for me as I will prove over and over again writing can be a tough business if you don’t have a thick skin.

This week I am sharing something new. It’s been quite a while since I’ve shared this book. It’s part of the Santa’s Elves series. This whole series is about a family of elves who work for Santa and their lives. It’s not all toys, sleighs and happy tidings. No, there are things even in their world they would love to change. The main stories are all about the siblings in the Locklin family where the mother is human and the father is an elf. However, as I wrote this series, it became obvious to me that the world they inhabited was bigger than just the six siblings. They had human cousins, elf friends and a whole lot more that could be said. One of those stories is this one, Giselle’s Elf, and is all about their cousin, Giselle Paine. I hope you like this glimpse into the world of Santa’s Elves. Here’s the setup:

Giselle Paine has always been on the outside looking in on her elven cousins. Just once she wished she could belong to something bigger than herself. But fate has a way of weaving its web and when handsome elf Ronan Munro arrives on her doorstep after a vicious attack, she knows exactly what she wants. But convincing Ronan is another thing. What will it take to bring him around to her way of thinking and into her bed?

I love writing the Santa’s Elves series because their world is very rich and deep. It spans the globe from the US to the North Pole and to Scotland. I leave no stone unturned as I write these stories about a globe-hopping elven family. I plan to have the last of the siblings’ stories done this year with a few more to round out the world. I hope you enjoy my seven. And I’ll be honest, I cheated this time as I had to give you one final line this week. Hopefully, you’ll find this snippet compelling enough to pick up the first in the series, The View from Santa’s Sleigh, at eXtasy Books. Enjoy the snippet!



With me?” Now he was surprised. He had acted like a professional, like an elf should when his charge was human. Maybe he had pushed a little too hard but he thought it would help her in the long run by making her remember just who she was.
“With you.” She shrugged her shoulders, trying to remove his hands.
But he couldn’t let go. “Why? I’ve done nothing to you except be here to make sure no one attacks you again. And tried to bring you back to the world of the living.”
She chewed her bottom lip as if deciding what to say. When she did speak, it was in a low whisper and he had to lean closer to her to even hear. “If all I am to you is a responsibility you don’t want, why do you always smell so good? Why do you always look so damn sexy? Get away from me if all you want is to teach me a lesson. I’ve had enough lessons in my life.”
His hands immediately fell to his sides. This was his moment of truth. A decision to be made, to deny himself. “What are you talking about?”
“Huh.” She looked up at him wryly. “Go away. I don’t want you around because you have to be. Be here because you want to and nothing else. Even if we never...”
Giselle tried to shove past him but he wasn’t giving up so easily. He really felt she should get it all out so she – they could move forward. Making up his mind in a split second, he knew what he had to do. It was her wellbeing that mattered not his. Grabbing her arm, he pulled her so she was faced away from him. Her perfume wafted up and drifted through his senses, a warm earthy smell, so unlike what he thought she would wear. And he knew he was lost. Leaning in, her hair touched his face as light as an angel’s wing. “What is it you want, Giselle?”
“Who wants to know? Ronan, the protector or Ronan, the man?” she whispered.

This book is will be available from my traditional publisher, eXtasy Books, who is currently having a $0.99 sale on some of my books. And what’s even more wonderful is that book 1 in the series is currently one of the books on sale. There’s a big selection and if you’ve never read any of my stories, now’s the time to get them at a great discount and see if I write stories you like. Pick up your copies today!

The Thing About Elves ~ Book 2 in the Santa’s Elves series
The Haunting of Maggie Grey ~ Award-winning Scottish Historical about a woman doctor
Iain and Kelsey ~ Story about a woman’s darkest fantasy
Fluke ~ Book 1 of the Orchid series, sci-fi romance
An Elf’s Desire ~ Book 3 in the Santa’s Elves series
A Love for Eggther ~ Book 3.5 in the Santa’s Elves series
Shopping Spree ~ Story about a very special dress shop

Don’t forget to visit all the great authors from the My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below. They have even more amazing and sexy snippets to share.

Have a great weekend...see you next week with another My Sexy Saturday edition!

Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment