Monday, May 18, 2015

Monday’s Austria Scoop ~ @oddlynn3 #LynnCrain #AWriterInVienna #PCers #BYNR



Hi Everyone!

Well…the best laid plans…LOL! Yes, I was totally ready to get this up way before time and low and behold, my internet was down. Most of the time it’s not an issue but today, when I had things to post and work to do, it was. So, that’s the first part of my post…internet is very, very sucky today in Austria.
And no, it’s not because the weather is bad. Quite the opposite, except for the humidity. We have had sun-filled days of near perfect temperature. This can be good and bad as it always makes me want to know just when the other shoe will drop. Life I’ve said over and over and over again, there was a reason the allies complained about the weather.
Again, because outside was so good, we decided to walk to Praterstern Park. It’s one of my favorite places here and I would go daily if I could. Well, let me rephrase that…I should go more…because there is nothing holding me back. But walking there with an excitable dog is a two-person gig and I normally wait for the weekends when Mr. C can go with me.
This weekend was no exception as we spent Saturday grocery shopping and lounging around the house. Sunday was spent outside. The only sad thing was that everyone had the same grand idea. We saw more people than normal. The real clincher came when we finally got to the park and header toward the bathrooms, we noticed they were porta-potties. Sometime during the last couple of weeks they had dug up the normal bathrooms and left a hole in the ground. Sadly, they didn’t do normal maintenance on them and it was no wonder that everyone walked by quickly.
Another great thing that happened this week was we were invited to a classical concert at the Muth Concert Hall. This was put on by the European Union for their anniversary and was well attended. The seats were the best I’d ever seen in a concert hall and the acoustics wonderful. It’s the same hall that the Viennese Boys Choir performs.
The pictures this week are from Praterstern but a couple of years ago during the fall. The park itself is timeless and there are many places that remind you it used to be a royal hunting grounds. I just love the green, the trees and the ponds everywhere. Of course, there’s the amusement park and more as well.
I wanted to remind everyone of my monthly giveaway. I give away a $25 gift certificate of your choice. The rules are all listed in the right column of the blog and here’s the recap: You must comment to enter. There’s a few other technical things but really, all you need to do is read the post and make a comment on what you’ve read. It’s that easy. I even occasionally throw in an item or two from Vienna. The winner is chosen randomly via random.com for those who wonder. If no one comments, no one gets the gift certificate and I really want to give one away soon!
Hope you enjoyed this little look into Austria and beyond. See you all next week!


Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment