Saturday, December 5, 2015

A Sexy Galaxy ~ @oddlynn3 #LynnCrain #MySexySaturday #MySexyAuthors #MSS120

Welcome to week 120th week of My Sexy Saturday. This week’s theme is A Sexy Galaxy and this has to be one of my favorite themes. I love writing sci-fi romance. Think Star Wars or Star Trek and throw in a little Galaxy Quest then you’ll have my idea of favorite sci-fi movies. Add a little Battlestar Galatica, Deep Space Nine or even Dark Matter and you’ll get more of a hint of what I like. I guess you could say that I’m a sci-fi kinda girl.

Still, writing science fiction romance isn’t as easy as it seems. See the technology needs to have some basis in reality then once the author gets hold of that knowledge, all they need to do is to twist it just a little and make it our own. That’s what I did in my story More Than Robotics. In that book I used nanites to help the good guys achieve their goals. This technology is just now coming into its own and I love using them.

I apologize for not doing Monday’s Austria Scoop and Tuesday’s My So-Called Writing Life columns this week. I’m still reeling from the recent events in Europe then the events in California just made things look even more surreal. While I didn’t know any of the victims, there was always a chance that I could have since we have friends in the area. Let’s just say the whole thing isn’t good as I don’t understand what is going on in the world. It’s a sad time and hopefully, we can get back to not having to look over our shoulder soon. I do plan to put up the columns this week and other than the holidays, I promise to be better.

I did have someone comment this week and Rayne Forrest is the winner of last week’s $5 Amazon Gift Certificate. Now remember, I’m just choosing a random day to give these $5 Amazon GCs. This week, it can be a choice of that or one of my stories if you’d like that. Just let me know. And yes, I did say I’d be letting everyone know on Thursday the winner but last Thursday was Thanksgiving and I don’t even think I was online that day. Sorry but I can guarantee that the winner will be posted here next Saturday at the very least.  

Here’s the setup of my novella, More Than Robotics:

There were only three things in life that Captain Bekka Taylor wanted in life: 1) Command of a Warrior Class Star Marauder, 2) To grow old gracefully and 3) A lover who understood her fiery nature. She was accomplishing two out of her three objectives very nicely when an internal IUA conflict begins to encompass the whole world as she knows it. Then Lieutenant Javed Malik comes aboard, clearly younger than she, with dreamy eyes and a secret meant only for her. But letting him in means getting rid of years of frustration and anguish and maybe her career. Can she survive another war or the smoldering looks from her junior officer sent to protect her 24/7?

Here’s my seven paragraphs from More Than Robotics:


“That’s all for now and it’s most of what I know. But we all share the same concerns as I’m sure you have. Javed has the specifics on our next contact. And please don’t get mad at me for the unconventional way I have instructed him to give those orders to you. It was necessary.”
I turned to look at him suspiciously. “What is she talking about?”
In less than the blink of an eye, he was again by my side, pulling me up from my chair, his hands taking my face to gaze in my eyes. “Don’t struggle,” he whispered close to my ear. “I think we have prying eyes.” His lips came down fiercely on mine, his tongue snaking in to dominate me and I wanted to do the very thing he asked that I not do. Instead I tried to let myself enjoy the moment as it had been quite some time since I had had this type of human contact.
My hands gripped his waist and pulled him even closer to me. I could feel his legs press harder into me as his arms went completely around me. Within moments, I could feel the hard bulge of his body and mine responded in kind. There was nothing more I wanted to do except rip his clothes off that luscious male form.
He pulled away from me and shuddered, resting his forehead against mine. “We should really stop right now.” His brown eyes looked deep into mine and I nearly passed out as his next words flashed across my consciousness. You are an amazing woman and rest assured, we will finish this.
The last bit had exploded across my brain and I raised a shaky hand to rub my forehead. It was as if he were right inside me, whispering his thoughts.
Don’t fight it. Let it happen. The clonedroids helped us to perfect one of their technologies for our use. This is the major way they communicate between each other. You are now the proud owner of some audiobotic nanotechnology. They attach to your nerves for hearing and other pertinent areas of your brain associated with the function. From now on, we’ll be able to communication this way as we are attuned only to each other. No one else is on this frequency.

This story is currently available at my traditional ePublisher, eXtasy Books. While you’re there check out the sale they are still having on some of my books. Also, on December 10th, More Than Robotics will be the Book of the Day and offered at a great discount. Don’t forget to pick up your copies today!

The Thing About Elves ~ Book 2 in the Santa’s Elves series
The Haunting of Maggie Grey ~ Award-winning Scottish Historical about a woman doctor
Captive Illusions: Iain and Kelsey ~ Story about a woman’s darkest fantasy
Fluke ~ Book 1 of the Orchid series, sci-fi romance
An Elf’s Desire ~ Book 3 in the Santa’s Elves series
A Love for Eggther ~ Book 3.5 in the Santa’s Elves series
Shopping Spree ~ Story about a very special dress shop

Please visit all the great authors at the My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below. Their sexy snippets will keep you back for more. If you do, please share via Facebook or Twitter. It helps out a lot and every author appreciates it each and every time. If you’d like to do them all at once, search for the #hashtag #MySexySaturday or #MySexyAuthors to get all tweets of the day then retweet them to your heart’s content. You can even search by the #hashtags on Facebook and share the posts there as well. Remember, we love each and every one of you!

See you all next week!


Lynn 

2 comments:

  1. Intense scene. That was pretty rude of him, I must say, inserting nano-tech through a luscious kiss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rude or sexy...I guess it depends upon one's view. LOL! Thanks for stopping by Alexis! I appreciate it!

      Delete