Saturday, May 21, 2016

My Sexy Spaceship ~ @oddlynn3 #LynnCrain #MySexySaturday #MySexyAuthors #MSS142

Welcome to week 142th week of My Sexy Saturday. This week’s theme is My Sexy Spaceship. And I so love this theme because I love to write about spaceships. Frankly, I love everything sci-fi or fantasy and you’ll be seeing a lot of those kinds of stories in my future.

The change continues as May moves on. Not that I didn’t expect it but I was hoping it would be a little more ordered. But when is life ever as one expects. We bid on a home in New Mexico, lost that one and bid on another. It looks like this one is going to take if the inspection, appraisal and everything else is in place with the right numbers. Thank goodness we’ve already secured the financing because I would be a total basket case. LOL!

But this really isn’t about me, it’s about My Sexy Saturday and the wonderful posts available for everyone to read. This week, I’ve chosen one of my self-published works as it has one of the best spaceships ever. And while I know this is supposed to be sexy, spaceships are and this one is extra special. I’m showing you a little about the ship in hopes that you’ll search on this book, The Harvester, and get even more sexy parts. I have posted lots and lots of sexy parts. And most of those sexy bits take place in this ship, which is why I want to show you her introduction. Here’s the set up for The Harvester.  

Princess Sky Xera Nerezsh came to earth to avoid the normal succession to the throne. Being the oldest daughter, she will be required to murder her mother in order to secure her path to power. Sky loves her mother and refuses this way, choosing instead to disappear in the vast reaches of space. When her past collides with her present, she has to think quick on her feet, claim two men and a whole planet just to avoid the inevitable: a meeting with her mother. Along the way, she discovers true love and a burning need to be there for them always. Now if the other Harvesters can just keep to themselves, they’ll have no problems. But who said true love was ever easy.

Here’s my seven paragraphs from this wonderful story:


The drazee notified Sky about ten seconds before the molecular beam transported her to the main bridge of her ship renamed Jabari Cherut. She stood still for a moment to get her bearings before she started to get her ship in order for travel. One of the many things afforded her, as a princess was a sentient ship. Battle situations were made easier if the ship could make decisions to save everyone’s life, including its own.
“Well, look who finally decided to show up.” The dry sense of humor her ship displayed grated on her already stretched nerves.
“You knew my trips might necessitate me gone for long periods of time.” She paused, hands on hips trying to decide what should be next. This was so not the time for this confrontation.
“I understood that portion of your new life. I am self-entertaining you know. What I don’t understand is why you ignored my coded priority one message.”
She looked at the console confused. It’s really hard to look something in the face when it doesn’t have one, she thought wryly to herself. “What priority message? I haven’t received any communiqués from you recently. The last was the new stream you sent me two months ago.” While Sky might not like everything about her new life on Earth, she wouldn’t jeopardize the planet by ignoring priority messages.
“That explains it then. She must have been using some type of interference device.”
“Who?” Now she was really confused but the pit in my stomach told her she already knew who. “Who are you talking about, Bess?”

I love this series and am sorry that it never really went anywhere. I’ll be starting on book two here shortly and hopefully, it will take off like I know it should. It was fun to write and I love putting it all together.

My traditional ePublisher, eXtasy Books is still having a sale on the books listed below. You can get a substantial savings and even some free things by just visiting their website. Hope to see you there and don’t forget to pick up your copies today of these fabulous sale books!

The Thing About Elves ~ Book 2 in the Santa’s Elves series
The Haunting of Maggie Grey ~ Award-winning Scottish Historical about a woman doctor
Captive Illusions: Iain and Kelsey ~ Story about a woman’s darkest fantasy
Fluke ~ Book 1 of the Orchid series, sci-fi romance
An Elf’s Desire ~ Book 3 in the Santa’s Elves series
A Love for Eggther ~ Book 3.5 in the Santa’s Elves series
Shopping Spree ~ Story about a very special dress shop

Please visit all the great authors at the My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below to read their sexy snippets. When you do, please share via Facebook or Twitter. It helps out a lot and every author appreciates it each and every time. If you’d like to do them all at once, search for the #hashtag #MySexySaturday or #MySexyAuthors to get all tweets of the day then retweet them to your heart’s content. You can even search by the #hashtags on Facebook and share the posts there as well. Remember, we adore each and every one of you!

See you all next week with more My Sexy Saturday!


Lynn 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Angelica, I really thing that the ship adds to the story. Glad you could stop by...hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete