Monday, September 19, 2016

Monday's Scoop ~ The Art of the Con ~ @oddlynn3 #LynnCrain #WontBeFooled



As many of you know, I recently returned from Austria where I had lived for five long years. It was a beautiful place that apparently has taken the time to learn from the past. Maybe it was because they were right in the middle of the fighting, maybe it was because they had birthed the evil that took over Europe, maybe it was because they are smarter than we in America are.

This column is called the Monday Scoop because I used to write all about Austria but today, I’m going to write about the US. Normally, I don’t try to be political here nor do I try to influence those around me. I have a live and let live policy because I believe that’s what people need to do. I shouldn’t ever tell you how to live. Ever.

But I can give people my opinion. See, I believe that every day Americans are conned. We’re conned into believing all politicians are bad, we’re conned into believing the lies that the media feeds us and we’re conned into believing exactly what the media says. We’re conned into believing religion in ways we were never taught. No matter what it is or who it’s about. And what’s even worse, we as a society and nation allow this to happen.

WTF?!?! Sorry to be so blunt there but just when did we become a nation or society of lemmings? It used to be that all of us had opinions…our own opinions…and while we might have sided occasionally with what the media said, we very rarely bought the whole kit-n-caboodle because we understood that the main criteria of being in the media was sensationalism. Just how many of us live a life where everything is sensationalized?

Very few of us walk the red carpet. Very few of us can go and get whatever car or house or furniture we want because of finances. Very few of us can walk into somewhere and say ‘Hey, I’m so and so’ then people start catering to our every need. But we have allowed that to happen to tons of people who don’t deserve the accolades. To people who are basically divas or assholes. Or those who degrade men, women and children for who they are or what they believe while they themselves will lie to keep out of trouble.

We need to go back to where we’re putting the everyday hero back on the front page. Where we’re helping out our neighbors without a thought to ourselves. Where we make America great because we are a great people. No one person can ever do that. Not one.  

That’s where we’re allowing ourselves to be conned. This is a team effort everyone. It’s a top-d0wn decision that won’t ever happen if a billionaire is in the lead. Especially when that billionaire really only cares about his own bottom line. He doesn’t pay taxes, he’s been married three times, he doesn’t pay the little guy what he’s owed and he doesn’t manage his money well even though it appears that he does. He just spends, spends, spends and bulldozes everything in his path. Including us.

Actually, me and others like me, should already be in his class but we’re not. I mean, I’ve managed my money and done well but I will never consider myself in his class even when I do have millions. Why you may ask…because I know that greatness comes from within…not outside myself. Instead of making this country great, let’s first tackle the people. Let’s make them value their selves and it will make this country great because we all will have a can-do attitude again. When a person believes that they can succeed at whatever they want, it shows and it happens.

Then there is the fact that I would never willingly take advantage of another person. I would never take your sorrow and make you feel worse, I would never take your disadvantage and use it against you. I wasn’t taught that way and I would always remember this is one world. It has a limited life just like me and I need to live my life to the fullest, the best way I can.

And I try to live by the golden rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I personally want the best for every human being on this planet. I don’t care if you’re rich, poor, black, white, Hispanic, Native American, LGBT or any other acronym that may pop up in the universe. I believe in the fundamental right of every one to live their life in liberty, in the pursuit of happiness with justice for all. I mean every man, woman and child regardless.

I feel this way because I feel good about me. Yeah, to look at me, you might wonder why this middle-aged, overweight, woman feels that way. Because it’s always been my opinion that if you don’t like yourself, you’ll never like the world around you. You need to first like yourself, pursue some goals and achieve those goals before you truly can be happy with the world around you.

I like me. I love the life I have. Sure, I’m not above complaining and lamenting things but when push comes to shove, I am happy. I have what I need and I don’t mind sharing. I believe in everyone’s fundamental rights and I always try to see the big picture.  

I would love to tell you to vote for Hillary but that isn’t my style. I hope you do because for once we truly have a qualified candidate if you look at the resumes only. No one has ever had the practical experience and the education like that woman does. She would make each and every one of us proud if all could just get over being conned by the media.

But to truly get to the heart of the problem, look at the person in the mirror and make it right for you. Let’s not repeat a history none of us want. Let’s not be lemmings. Let’s not be fooled again just like the Who song states.


I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!



From the album “Who’s Next” ~ We Won’t Be Fooled Again ~ 1971

Let’s make this about us and not about them.

See you all next week!
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment