Saturday, October 5, 2013

Loving the Scotsman ~ A Wicked Sexy Game ~ @MySexySaturday #MSS19 #Saturday7 #LynnCrain

It’s week 19 at My Sexy Saturday and welcome.

My Sexy Saturday is a weekly blog hop where authors share sexy snippets of their books with 7 words, 7 sentences or 7 paragraphs. Each week we aim to entertain readers through our snippets and excerpts posted. This is for our readers as we value and appreciate each one of you.

We’re moving on this week from my Santa’s Elves series for the moment. I promise we will revisit it at a later time. This week we’re going to one of my WIP that has recently been retitled to Loving the Scotsman. It’s going through major renovations right now and I’d love to see if you think I’m heading in the right direction. This is a story told in 1st person POV from both the heroine and hero. It’s a unique approach and I hope you like it. When the story starts, the lovers are being drawn together after a 15 year hiatus. And yes, the picture is from Scotland. It was taken at the farm we stayed at on both my trips to that wonderful country. Here’s my sexy 7 sentences for the week. Enjoy!

 


“What? No pithy comeback…nothing…you’re just going to lay your head there and say nothing?” She snorted as she always does, the sound unladylike and ill-mannered. “I thought you’d have at least some smart-ass comment to make.”
The table felt cool against my cheek. I tried to concentrate on its chill while I plotted my response. Maybe saying nothing would be better in this case but I doubted that scenario. “Let’s make sure we’re talking about ‘the stud,’ if you know what I mean.”

I hope that this book will find a home very, very soon and I’ll keep you posted!

Don’t forget to visit all the great authors from My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below. Have a great weekend...see you next week!

Lynn


8 comments:

  1. MMmm, love the snippet and the photo, very evocative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the book. I rarely do first POV, it's quite the challenge, but I'm sure you'll turn out something great with it.
    Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I definitely want to read more of this one! Great excerpt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, her dander is up! Can't wait to see how this ends up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Adriana! Appreciate you stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dakota!

    Yes, first person is an art all it's own but I love the perspective of being in my character's head. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Jessica!

    I plan to be sharing this one for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Danita, her dander is definitely up.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete