Saturday, October 3, 2015

Our Sexy Date ~ @oddlynn3 #MySexySaturday #MySexyAuthors #Saturday7 #MSS112

Welcome to week 112th week of My Sexy Saturday. This week’s theme is Our Sexy Date and I don’t have very many date scenes in my stories. So I decided to fudge a little bit as I give you a snippet from a story where the heroine has a date with destiny. Last week we had the Anniversary Bash and the winners will be chosen today. Hop on over to the Facebook event here where the winners will be pinned at the top or My Sexy Saturday Author Central where the announcement will be a blog post. Good luck to all who entered.

Don’t forget Monday’s Austria Scoop and a Tuesday’s My So-Called Writing Life columns this week. We’re starting a new month and that means we’re starting the monthly $25 Amazon gift certificate giveaway as well. If you comment, you’ll be in the pool to win. Winners will be chosen randomly.

So this week I decided to go back to my roots and one of my early stories. It’s called Private Dancer and will be on sale soon at eXtasy Books once again. Originally it had been part of the anthology Violet Visions where we had to write a story to match the cover. It is one of my better stories and I’m seriously thinking that the world I created just might need another story. It’s sexy and interesting and very different from many of the things I write. I like being different. Here’s the setup:

Aeryn Connor, an exotic dancer, is stuck on the moon Janus 345 miles above her intended target of Araelus Prime.  She would have never chosen this hell-hole as her home but she had no choice as the blue-green, earth-like planet below continued to call her, filling her with a yearning she’s never felt before.  And her best friend, Diana, is being called as well. But something is terribly wrong as both of them become ill from an unseen source. Aeryn knows that they will die if they can’t make it to the planet in time. Can Aeryn successfully face the challenges before her so both she and Diana make it to the planet alive? Or will her efforts be in vain?

Here’s my seven sexy paragraphs from Private Dancer:



Sucking in a big breath, I couldn’t help but hold it. “I know but this is all so new to me.”
“And to me,” he answered and leaned in to kiss me gently on the lips.
It was as if the floodgates were released. My arms twined around his neck and I pulled him into a deeper kiss. This was what I had been missing, this was what my body and soul needed to heal itself. My hand reached under his shirt and I began to caress him, when he pulled back slightly.
“I need to tell you my name, Aeryn Connor, or the mating won’t be considered permanent.”
I looked up into his eyes. And they were a beautiful shade of purple as was his skin. His hair was jet black with a slight purple cast and hung in dreadlocks down his shoulders. For some reason, it looked a hell of a lot better on him than anyone else I had ever seen. His face was a work of art, all chiseled in the right places with wonderful lips. I already knew that his body was muscular and he towered over me a good six inches.
I stopped and waited for him to make the next move.
“My name is Kadell el-Duquat and I take you Aeryn Connor as my mate. Do you accept the rite of umkata according to Araelian law?”

My traditional ePublisher, eXtasy Books, is having a sale on some of my books at their website. Today is the time to get them at a great discount and see if I write stories you might like. Don’t forget to pick up your copies!

The Thing About Elves ~ Book 2 in the Santa’s Elves series
The Haunting of Maggie Grey ~ Award-winning Scottish Historical about a woman doctor
Captive Illusions: Iain and Kelsey ~ Story about a woman’s darkest fantasy
Fluke ~ Book 1 of the Orchid series, sci-fi romance
An Elf’s Desire ~ Book 3 in the Santa’s Elves series
A Love for Eggther ~ Book 3.5 in the Santa’s Elves series
Shopping Spree ~ Story about a very special dress shop

Please visit all the great authors at the My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below. Their sexy snippets will keep you back for more. If you do, please share via Facebook or Twitter. It helps out a lot and every author appreciates it each and every time. If you’d like to do them all at once, search for the #hashtag #MySexySaturday or #MSSAuthors or #MySexyAuthors to get all tweets of the day then retweet them to your heart’s content. You can even search by the #hashtags on Facebook and share the posts there as well. Remember, we love each and every one of you!

See you all next week!


Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment