Saturday, October 31, 2015

Our Sexy Halloween ~ @oddlynn3 #MySexySaturday #MySexyAuthors #LynnCrain #MSS116




Welcome to week 116th week of My Sexy Saturday. This week’s theme is Our Sexy Halloween and to be honest, I don’t really have anything about Halloween. I have thought about writing a story specific to Halloween but never got around to it. The closest story that I have to something all nasty and scary would be The JR Chronicles.

Please Monday’s Austria Scoop and a Tuesday’s My So-Called Writing Life columns this week. Last week I talked about some awesome things happening here in Europe as well as how being the master of my own fate. Remember, if you comment on any of the posts, you might just win a $25 monthly Amazon gift certificate, which is awarded the week after the last day of any month.  Don’t forget to comment and often!

This series is about a wonderful girl and her sidekick – a ghost who is determined to protect her from herself. She is learning about her power and how she can use that power to keep the world safe. And to start, she is journalling like she was taught to understand more about herself and her cases as well as to leave information for whoever follows her path. Please remember that this is a WIP and is not edited. Since there’s no blurb or logline yet, I’ll just describe the series in the words of Serenity Donovan, heroine xtraodinaire. Here’s what she had to say:

Ever wonder what's on the other side?

Well, don't. It's not necessarily the fantasyland most people imagine. It's more complicated than that. I should know, I visit more often than just about everyone.

The only difference is I live to tell the tale.

Then there’s Jasper. Oh, my, he’s the kind of guy a girl wants to bump pelvises with and never look back. There’s just one minor problem. He’s a ghost who’s still blamed for a 150 year old set of murders that he had nothing to do with.

So instead of him doing the deed and talking dirty to me, I have to prove him innocent. Then maybe – just maybe – he’ll give into those things he says he doesn’t feel.

Serenity Donovan
September 2015

Here’s my equivalent to seven not-really-sexy paragraphs from Serenity’s February 2009 Journal in The JR Chronicles:



     10 ~ Met my first young male werewolf today. It was really anticlimactic. Found his shivering little ass in the barn making a ruckus with the chickens right after midnight. Good thing he didn’t have a feather coming out of his mouth or we’d have issues. Made him get in the pen when he tried to get away. I think the only other thing it’s been used for was another werewolf who was being vicious. Mom didn’t want to put him down, so she caged him. I’m sure this one’s mother is going to be pissed. Too bad, she can wait as I’m going to bed.

11 ~ Howling and waking my ass up at 4 am isn’t a good way to become my friend. Never mind the fact it took her over 24 hours to find her pup in my barn. I took my time getting out there too because I needed a cup of coffee first. Besides the wards on the barn will hold as they were my Mom’s. Late entry – I took my cup of Joe with me and an extra robe. Figured she’d want a cover up. Can’t do much more than an old t-shirt of my Dad’s for the kid though. She’s pacing furiously and shows me her big teeth. Told her she only had 30 minutes or so until the moon set and we’d talk then. Shows me more teeth and she seems impressed that I’m not in the least bit worried. What she didn’t know was that I was really quaking in my boots as she was an unknown wolf. Unknowns are always dangerous as they can turn on you in a second. I’d been around weres all my life. Fred Weaver’s pack lived up an arroyo about three miles up the canyon and I’d been friends with his daughters all my life. Five minutes after the moon went down, she shifted and it was painful to watch. The little one howled in agony and I learned just how hard it was growing up were with bones that weren’t quite set yet. The woman looked familiar and I found out she was Fred’s sister and on her way there when Thurmond decided to take a detour. She’d heard of my Mom from Fred and sad to hear of her passing just last year. She was sorry that they caused any issues. I brushed that off and invited them to wait while I got Fred to come and get them. She wasn’t sure he’d be able to but I thought we should try. Seems as I was right for once. I didn’t let on to Maya I knew he’d be able to come right away as Mom had been teaching Fred how to control his wolf more over the years. He arrived quickly and carted his relatives off. My only reminder was to warn Thurmond off my chickens. Jasper was amazed at my generosity. I am my mother’s daughter.

12 ~ Jasper says it’s all in the details and I asked him what he means by that. He smiled and told me to tell him what I thought it meant. Then he asked about the werewolf and suddenly it became crystal clear he’d been following my every move. Don’t know whether to be excited or pissed.

For a more sexy except from the first book in this series I’ve posted on previously here. This one just fit the Halloween theme more and felt like sharing it today. Starting next week, I will be offering those journals free on The JR Chronicles website. Check it out as you might like it though it is a departure from my normal stories.

My traditional ePublisher, eXtasy Books, is still having a sale on some of my books at their website. Today is the time to get them at a great discount and see if I write stories you might like. Don’t forget to pick up your copies!

The Thing About Elves ~ Book 2 in the Santa’s Elves series
The Haunting of Maggie Grey ~ Award-winning Scottish Historical about a woman doctor
Captive Illusions: Iain and Kelsey ~ Story about a woman’s darkest fantasy
Fluke ~ Book 1 of the Orchid series, sci-fi romance
An Elf’s Desire ~ Book 3 in the Santa’s Elves series
A Love for Eggther ~ Book 3.5 in the Santa’s Elves series
Shopping Spree ~ Story about a very special dress shop

Please visit all the great authors at the My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below. Their sexy snippets will keep you back for more. If you do, please share via Facebook or Twitter. It helps out a lot and every author appreciates it each and every time. If you’d like to do them all at once, search for the #hashtag #MySexySaturday or #MSSAuthors to get all tweets of the day then retweet them to your heart’s content. You can even search by the #hashtags on Facebook and share the posts there as well. Remember, we love each and every one of you!

See you all next week!


Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment