Saturday, July 2, 2016

My Sexy Boss ~ @oddlynn3 #LynnCrain #MySexySaturday #MySexyAuthors, #MSS148

Welcome to week 148th week of My Sexy Saturday. This week’s theme is My Sexy Boss. I don’t have many boss books and only one comes to mind. But I do love sexy bosses and have laughed, cried, chuckled and sighed about many of them.

New month, new commitment and I have already scheduled the Monday’s Scoop and the My So-Called Writing Life columns. And while I will schedule the rest of this months, please know that they will be written before things even happen, so I might have to make corrections later. This last week has been horrid with the house deal in New Mexico through no fault of anyone except new home lending regulations. So I’m still at the dining room table and becoming slightly more comfortable here. Anyway…on to the reason we’re here!

Don’t forget to visit all the awesome authors of My Sexy Saturday. This is a fun place to test the waters for books and authors as each will share a sexy snippet with you. Every book is special and even though a theme is given each week, authors are not required to follow it exactly as every author has their own definition of sexy.

This week, we’re going back to a series that I love. Now, I know that you all have seen this one many times but let’s face it…elves are sexy. This story, The Thing About Elves, is part of my wonderful Santa’s Elves series. Here’s the set up for this wonderful novella:

It’s been two years since Angie’s friend, Tessa, got married to Jedrick and introduced her to his brother, Ardan. From the moment, she saw him she knew he was the man for her. There’s only one problem…he’s elf…an elf who swears human and elves don’t mix. But Angie has other plans in mind. When Ardan asks her to his house after the delivery of Tessa’s and Jedrick’s twins, she jumps at the chance. Even though he keeps telling her nothing will happen, they have been doing this dance for a very long time. And when she teases him by caressing his body, Ardan knows he’s lost. But love and commitment are more than just hot sex. Ardan still doesn’t trust human women and Angie is determined to prove that she is the woman…the only woman…for him. She loves medicine, the North Pole and him more than anything else in the world. When Ardan is summoned to help a hurt elf, he is unavailable and Angie goes in his stead to prove to him that she loves the community of elves as much as he does. But something goes terribly wrong and Ardan is left to care for a comatose and possibly dying Angie. Ardan realizing just how precious this woman is, vows to prove to her his love is fathomless. No matter what the future holds.

Here’s my seven paragraphs from this great story:



“I hear a ‘but’ in there somewhere. Just what’s the problem, Ardan? Am I finally getting on your nerves?” she winked at him.
Stepping back he looked down at her. Was he that transparent? He drew himself up to tower over her. “Your incessant chatter does put me on edge sometimes.”
He could almost feel the deep chuckle in her throat. It was almost as if a cat were purring.
“Are you sure it’s that? Maybe it’s my quick wit or sexy body that’s thrown you off?” she leaned into him. “Surely, you can’t resist me forever.”
Ardan snorted. Resist, indeed. “Madam, I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
“Sure you do. You just don’t want to admit it, big boy. You want me,” she closed her eyes as if breathing in his scent just like he had done moments before. “And I want you.”
Slowly, she slid a finger up his leg and under his lab coat. If that hand or finger went an inch high, she would know that he lied. Still, he tried to will his body to obey his commands. Human women were off limits. Angie’s hand continued its journey up his leg and he knew he was lost. How was he going to explain this?

My traditional ePublisher, eXtasy Books is having a sale on the books listed below, including this one. You can get a substantial savings and even some free things by just visiting their website. Hope to see you there and don’t forget to pick up your copies today of these fabulous sale books!

The Thing About Elves ~ Book 2 in the Santa’s Elves series
The Haunting of Maggie Grey ~ Award-winning Scottish Historical about a woman doctor
Captive Illusions: Iain and Kelsey ~ Story about a woman’s darkest fantasy
Fluke ~ Book 1 of the Orchid series, sci-fi romance
An Elf’s Desire ~ Book 3 in the Santa’s Elves series
A Love for Eggther ~ Book 3.5 in the Santa’s Elves series
Shopping Spree ~ Story about a very special dress shop

Again, please visit all the great authors at the My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below to read their sexy snippets. When you do, please share via Facebook or Twitter. It helps out a lot and every author appreciates it each and every time. If you’d like to do them all at once, search for the #hashtag #MySexySaturday or #MySexyAuthors to get all tweets of the day then retweet them to your heart’s content. You can even search by the #hashtags on Facebook and share the posts there as well. Remember, we adore each and every one of you!

See you all next week with more My Sexy Saturday!


Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment