Saturday, July 23, 2016

My Sexy Crush ~ @oddlynn3 #LynnCrain #MySexySaturday #MySexyAuthors, #MSS151

Welcome to week 151st week of My Sexy Saturday. This week’s theme is My Sexy Crush.  It’s been years since I’ve had a crush but I can still remember the pull on the heart strings and the flutter in the stomach. So, when trying to find the perfect snippet, I went to my current story because the hero and heroine had mutual crushes on each other when they were young. It was the closest I could get.

Life has been kicking my butt this month with the new house. So much to do, so little time. One positive thing is that I did get wonderful internet here, so I have no more excuses. I will be back on track with the Monday’s Scoop and My So-Called Writing Life Columns this week. And boy do I have a lot to share! Including the fact that I’m still not at my desk but a smaller tablet that doubles for meals. Ugh!

Please visit all the awesome authors of My Sexy Saturday. This is a fun place to test the waters for books and authors as each will share a sexy snippet with you. Every book is special and even though a theme is given each week, authors are not required to follow it exactly as every author has their own definition of sexy.

This week, I’m going back to my latest release, Sealed With A Kiss, found in Letterbox Love Stories. This story was so fun to write and is part of my new series Time Travel Bureau. This novella with be the kick off story and will be sold as a single title early next year. Here’s the set up for this wonderful novella:

In 2084, time travelling detective, Tandi Reynolds, tipped off by a letter, needs to stop an assassin before he kills a newly elected leader. When she finds him in 1874, Vienna, it’s clear a cold blooded killer is only one of her problems. Time is fleeting, so falling in love with her contact, the charismatic  Count Leopold Radetzky von Radetz, is a bad idea, but keeping her feelings in check is not easy when she relies on him for her every need.

Here’s my seven paragraphs from this great story:



She slowly sat up and drew her legs under her. “I supposed it would be too much to ask if you have an aspirin hiding somewhere…would it?”
“They should have packed you one in that silly little suitcase they sent with you.”
His accent was smooth, too smooth. She leaned in closer. “Do I know you?”
“I don’t know…should you?” He gave his head a toss and a shake, as if posing or possibly flinging water off himself.
She squinted at his profile, taken back to a time when she was young and her father traveled with the armed services of the US. Since they had family in Austria, he took a position for a few years in Germany. There she met all sorts of people and a kid named Leo who spoke English as well as she did. They were inseparable that first summer slowly growing apart as her time to leave got close.
She had been only twelve at the time and tried to keep up with him through letters as well as cards during the holidays. But somewhere in high school, they totally drifted apart and the exchanges stopped.
“You,” she whispered, reaching out to grab him by his lapels and drag him closer. Yup. Same eyes, same boyish grin with a touch of devil-may-care. “So that’s why I got the letter.”

As usual, my traditional ePublisher, eXtasy Books is having a sale on the books listed below. You can get a substantial savings and even some free things by just visiting their website. Hope to see you there and don’t forget to pick up your copies today of these fabulous sale books!

The Thing About Elves ~ Book 2 in the Santa’s Elves series
The Haunting of Maggie Grey ~ Award-winning Scottish Historical about a woman doctor
Captive Illusions: Iain and Kelsey ~ Story about a woman’s darkest fantasy
Fluke ~ Book 1 of the Orchid series, sci-fi romance
An Elf’s Desire ~ Book 3 in the Santa’s Elves series
A Love for Eggther ~ Book 3.5 in the Santa’s Elves series
Shopping Spree ~ Story about a very special dress shop

Again, please visit all the great authors at the My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below to read their sexy snippets. When you do, please share via Facebook or Twitter. It helps out a lot and every author appreciates it each and every time. If you’d like to do them all at once, search for the #hashtag #MySexySaturday or #MySexyAuthors to get all tweets of the day then retweet them to your heart’s content. You can even search by the #hashtags on Facebook and share the posts there as well. Remember, we adore each and every one of you!

See you all next week with more My Sexy Saturday!


Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment