Saturday, January 18, 2014

Loving The Scotsman ~ @LynnCrain #Saturday7 #LynnCrain #MSSWeek32



It’s week 32 at My Sexy Saturday and I hope you all have had a wonderful week. The weather has been rather warm here in Austria. Most days are in the 30s and 40s right now, which plays havoc with ski season here. Matter of fact, many areas are not open because there is no snow and this is not good. This morning I woke to a rather clear day but by mid-morning, the fog had rolled in and I can’t even see the tree across the street. Such is this year’s winter in Austria. More fog and gray than I saw even last year. Now let’s get to why we are all here…

My Sexy Saturday is a weekly blog hop where authors share sexy snippets of their books with 7 words, 7 sentences or 7 paragraphs. Each week we entertain you through our snippets that we post. This is for you, our readers, as we value and appreciate each one of you.

Today, we have started Chapter 5 of Loving the Scotsman. Again, the book is about two lovers, reunited when they rediscovered each other in Edinburgh, Scotland. Our couple are at their romantic dinner when the hero’s parents show up. Obviously, this was one of their favorite eating places as well. But this time, the heroine isn’t intimidated by the hero’s father and gets one up on him when the older MacKenzie realizes she has learned Gaelic.

I loved writing this story and am surprised by the feelings it still invokes in me. This is a story told in 1st person POV from both the heroine and hero as all the books in the series will be. It’s a unique approach, and I plan to do the whole series this way! Here’s a little about Loving the Scotsman: the lovers are being drawn together after 15 years apart and a pair of sexy underwear was the catalyst. I’m currently writing the second book of The MacKenzie Clan. This passage is from the hero’s POV. Here are my sexy 7 sentences for the week. Enjoy!

“Don’t stop on my account, tapadh leat.” Erynn swirled her whisky before downing the liquid in one quick swig, her eyes going wide at the obvious burn all the way down.
The expression on my Da’s was face filled with surprise and disbelief before I glanced back to her. “A bheil Gàidhlig agaibh?”
She gave me a wry smile. “Yes, a little. Tha, beagan.”

Please visit all the great authors from My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below. Have a great weekend...see you next week!

Lynn 


1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. Makes me wonder what they'r actually saying?

    Dakota

    ReplyDelete