Saturday, January 25, 2014

Loving the Scotsman ~ @oddlynn3 #Saturday7 #MSSWeek33 #LynnCrain


It’s week 33 at My Sexy Saturday and I hope you all have had a wonderful week. I see that many of you are having horrible cold weather again this past week and on into next. Austrian weather is really odd as well. It’s still be rather warm and today there is blue sky with some puff clouds floating around. Yet, the forecast says that there was supposed to be snow yesterday and into today. The fact is that the ground is too warm for it to stay even though the air is frigid. Everyone keep safe during this very odd but cold winter.

My Sexy Saturday is a weekly blog hop where authors share sexy snippets of their books with 7 words, 7 sentences or 7 paragraphs. Each week we entertain you through our snippets that we post. This is for you, our readers, as we value and appreciate each one of you.

Today, we have we’re still in Chapter 5 of Loving the Scotsman. The book is about two lovers, reunited when they rediscovered each other in Edinburgh, Scotland. Our couple went to a romantic dinner when the hero’s parents show up. This time, the heroine isn’t intimidated by the hero’s father and the conversation is a little terse.

This has been my favorite story to write so far. I love the emotion in evokes in me. It is a story told in 1st person POV from both the heroine and hero as all the books in the series will be. It’s a unique approach, and I plan to do the whole series this way! Here’s a little about Loving the Scotsman: the lovers are being drawn together after 15 years apart and a pair of sexy underwear was the catalyst. I’m currently writing the second book of The MacKenzie Clan. This passage is from the hero’s POV. Here are my sexy 7 sentences for the week. Enjoy!

“And you, Mr. MacKenzie, did you enjoy your trip?” If he wouldn’t make the first move, I would.
His eyes narrowed and I thought maybe he’d answer again in Gaelic. Then his wife placed her hand over his for all to see and he relaxed. “I believe I did, Ms. Delancie, although like Ina said, the rains were horrid.”
“After all these years, surely you can call me Aeryn.” I knew I pushed the envelope but did it for all of our sakes, as I wouldn’t back down from him this time.

Please visit all the great authors from My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below. Have a great weekend...see you next week!

Lynn 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I like how she is standing up to him. Good for her! :)

    Glad the weather is nice there! We're digging out from a snowstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Jessica! I loved writing this section as it made me think long and hard just how I wanted her to come across.

    We did get a little bit of some wintery weather but it looks like it's going away for now. Hope the snowstorm situation is getting better.

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete