Saturday, September 5, 2015

My Sexy Saturday ~ @oddlynn3 #LynnCrain #MySexySaturday #MSSAuthors #MSS108

Welcome to week 108th week of My Sexy Saturday. This week’s theme is Talk Sexy To Me. Oh boy, do I love this theme. Most of my characters talk sexy to each other but recently, the ones that I really love are in a WIP called Angels and Demons. This is part of The JR Chronicles that I’ve been working on this summer. I really love this series as I am working on Serenity’s journals as well as some short stories for each of the months in those journals.

The journals and the short stories are a way for me to really know and understand these characters. It makes me very excited when I’m working on them and I get that wonderful, tingly feeling writers get when they are really excited about their work. It’s extremely important for us to feel that way and this book has me in spades.

Just a friendly reminder, don’t forget to visit Monday’s Austria Scoop and a Tuesday’s My So-Called Writing Life columns this week. Summer is finally over here and I’m getting back in the swing of things with planning and such. Check me out on Monday and Tuesday to get the full scoop of just what’s been happening to me.  

Today’s story is one that I’m totally excited about like I mentioned. I love how it ebbs and flows. I’ll be honest, I haven’t worked on a blurb or anything like a logline with this story yet. The best way I can describe this series is what Serenity told me to put under her ‘About Me’ box on The JR Chronicles website. Here’s what she had to say:

Ever wonder what's on the other side?

Well, don't. It's not necessarily the fantasyland most people imagine. It's more complicated than that. I should know, I visit more often than just about everyone.

The only difference is I live to tell the tale.

Then there’s Jasper. Oh, my, he’s the kind of guy a girl wants to bump pelvises with and never look back. There’s just one minor problem. He’s a ghost who’s still blamed for a 150 year old set of murders that he had nothing to do with.

So instead of him doing the deed and talking dirty to me, I have to prove him innocent. Then maybe – just maybe – he’ll give into those things he says he doesn’t feel.

Serenity Donovan
September 2015

Here’s my seven unedited sexy paragraphs from my work-in-progress Angels and Demons:



His raspy sound told me again of this displeasure as his fingers ran over the raised flesh. “I told you there were other ways. You didn’t have to mar your beautiful skin to make sure we were protected.”
“If you remember, I most certainly did.” I stood there, quivering at his touch. We’d been here many times and it would only take a little shove to make it all go another way.
“We can’t do this, Serenity. Not now, not ever.”
“Why not?” I whispered. “We could enjoy ourselves and…”
“Pretend it didn’t happen?” Barely moving, his head went from side to side. “I could never dishonor you so. We’ve talked about this.”
I closed my eyes, the sensation of his touch making me tingle all over. “How many times have I told you? In this day and age you wouldn’t be dishonoring me at all. We’d have some fun, get our frustrations out over the case then continue working together. Just like we always do.”
“It’s not that easy for me, Serenity.” His eyes darkened and as much as he held back, I knew he wanted to bump pelvises too.

My traditional ePublisher, eXtasy Books, is still having a sale on some of my books at their website. You can pick up any of the books listed below for just $0.99. If you’ve never read any of my stories, today is the time to get them at a great discount and see if I write stories you might like. Don’t forget to pick up your copies!

The Thing About Elves ~ Book 2 in the Santa’s Elves series
The Haunting of Maggie Grey ~ Award-winning Scottish Historical about a woman doctor
Captive Illusions: Iain and Kelsey ~ Story about a woman’s darkest fantasy
Fluke ~ Book 1 of the Orchid series, sci-fi romance
An Elf’s Desire ~ Book 3 in the Santa’s Elves series
A Love for Eggther ~ Book 3.5 in the Santa’s Elves series
Shopping Spree ~ Story about a very special dress shop

Please visit all the great authors at the My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below. Their sexy snippets will keep you back for more. If you do, please share via Facebook or Twitter. It helps out a lot and every author appreciates it each and every time. If you’d like to do them all at once, search for the #hashtag #MySexySaturday or #MSSAuthors to get all tweets of the day then retweet them to your heart’s content. You can even search by the #hashtags on Facebook and share the posts there as well. Remember, we love each and every one of you!

See you all next week!


Lynn 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy for stopping by. It's one of my favorite stories so far. Glad you liked it.

      Delete